The Regular Season Is Nigh Upon Us

That Aud Smell

From the outside looking in, that would've been my bet as well. Ennis is a no-brainer, and to me, Gerbe has earned the shot, especially if he's adding to the PP as reported. Same with Weber, who's earned a shot. Give 'em time, and if they can't hack it after a month or so, they got their chance.

I agree on Ennis and Gerbe and am a bit surprised (but pleased) about Weber.

If this proves out, then, compared to last year, the Sabres will have added scoring to their lineup in Ennis and Gerbe and toughness in Niedermayer, Morrisonn and Weber. 3 of the 6 defensemen will be new. I expect at least 4 of the 6 (Morrisonn, Montador, Rivet and Weber, and possibly Myers as well) to bring an armed response to any opponent running Miller.

I'll be interested to see what the PP units look like, especially whether Ennis and Gerbe get regular time there.

I agree on Ennis and Gerbe and am a bit surprised (but pleased) about Weber.

If this proves out, then, compared to last year, the Sabres will have added scoring to their lineup in Ennis and Gerbe and toughness in Niedermayer, Morrisonn and Weber. 3 of the 6 defensemen will be new. I expect at least 4 of the 6 (Morrisonn, Montador, Rivet and Weber, and possibly Myers as well) to bring an armed response to any opponent running Miller.

I'll be interested to see what the PP units look like, especially whether Ennis and Gerbe get regular time there.

I know tallinder played well last season but i see our defense being much better than last year.

Archived