National media previewing Northeast

Two or less

Great list. Thanks for compiling that. Predictions are spread out but with common theme throughout. But, it's pretty obvious looking at it on paper. However, not one of the articles mentioned or pinpointed the flat starts to many of their games. I guess you'd have to have watched all 82 games to have noticed. I think if they can improve that area and the power play we will do better this year. Hopefully, Neidermeyer, Grier, Rivet can influence more consistency from the rest of the bunch. Coming out flat on a consistent basis is inexcusable. However, I do think it will continue this year with so many back-to-back games.

Muir compares Ennis to Theo Fluery.

KID TO WATCH: Tyler Ennis. It's hard to ignore the fact that Ennis is so small that he looks more like a Disney Channel star than a legitimate NHLer, but there's no denying he's poised to make a significant impact in Buffalo. Ask around and you'll hear his name mentioned as a dark horse favorite to win the Calder. You'll also hear comparisons to Theo Fleury.

It almost sounds like he's describing Gerbe...and the comparison to Fleury also seems slanted toward Gerbe. Fleury, at 5'6" 180 lbs is way closer in stature to Gerbe than Ennis.

It reminds me of the playoffs last year when Ennis was clearly the better of the two players if not the best Sabre on the ice, yet certain posters would claim how great Gerbe looked. Truly weird. It would be nice if the Sabres didn't have the two mighty mights bidding for the same job. Probably make it easier for everyone.

KID TO WATCH: Tyler Ennis. It's hard to ignore the fact that Ennis is so small that he looks more like a Disney Channel star than a legitimate NHLer, but there's no denying he's poised to make a significant impact in Buffalo. Ask around and you'll hear his name mentioned as a dark horse favorite to win the Calder. You'll also hear comparisons to Theo Fleury.

It almost sounds like he's describing Gerbe...and the comparison to Fleury also seems slanted toward Gerbe. Fleury, at 5'6" 180 lbs is way closer in stature to Gerbe than Ennis.

It reminds me of the playoffs last year when Ennis was clearly the better of the two players if not the best Sabre on the ice, yet certain posters would claim how great Gerbe looked. Truly weird. It would be nice if the Sabres didn't have the two mighty mights bidding for the same job. Probably make it easier for everyone.

I don't think that's weird. I also don't think Ennis was clearly better, though, either. I liked his energy but it didn't seem like all his skating around created all that much. What's the phrase "all sizzle and no steak"? I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him being the scoring savior that we all want and am actually a little surprised at all the praise being laid on him already.

Archived