I hope this wasn't an attempt to cheat

PromoTheRobot

Story.

I have too much respect for the Habs to think that they would do anything to gain an unfair advantage over the Flyers. But it sure sounds suspicious. I mean who has access to the mats that lead from the visitors locker room?

This is totally unrelated but it reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. I was playing goal in a tournament outside of Montreal, an American team vs mostly Canadians. I decided to get my skates done because I figured these guys would know what they were doing.

Well I played game #1 and had some serious problems moving around, bad enough to cause me to fall down playing a puck behind my net which led to a goal. After the game I looked at my blades and I had a flaw right in the middle of the blades, in the same place on both skates. It's the last thing I expected from a Montreal skate sharpener. Was it a mistake? Why did the skates have the identical flaw?

PTR

Story.

I have too much respect for the Habs to think that they would do anything to gain an unfair advantage over the Flyers. But it sure sounds suspicious. I mean who has access to the mats that lead from the visitors locker room?

This is totally unrelated but it reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. I was playing goal in a tournament outside of Montreal, an American team vs mostly Canadians. I decided to get my skates done because I figured these guys would know what they were doing.

Well I played game #1 and had some serious problems moving around, bad enough to cause me to fall down playing a puck behind my net which led to a goal. After the game I looked at my blades and I had a flaw right in the middle of the blades, in the same place on both skates. It's the last thing I expected from a Montreal skate sharpener. Was it a mistake? Why did the skates have the identical flaw?

PTR

I'm sure there will be a full scale investigation by the NHL- the results of which will be released soon after they finish reviewing Hull's goal from '99!

While there may not be definitive proof that the Canadiens' organization had knowledge of the mats, no doubt something shady was going on, even if it was the assistant to the assistant intern equipment manager! It's just that important to so many Quebequois...

Oh, and it really helped the Habs, didn't it?!?!

Archived