A Player Per Day: No. 29: Jason Pominville

Eleven

47 members have voted

1. 1. How I feel about this player:

• 5: Must keep under any circumstances.
    • 4: Would like to keep; would trade only for a great return (if under contract) or would pay a premium to re-sign (if FA).
    • 3: Don't care if he stays or goes; would make a fair trade (if under contract) or pay somewhat above current salary to re-sign (if FA).
    • 2: Don't want him on the team, really; would trade for a somewhat lesser return (if under contract) or sign at current or lower salary (if FA).
    • 1: Get this guy off of the team, no matter what it takes.

Remember when Brad May was on a line with LaFontaine and Patty would set him up with kick-ins shift after shift and May would miss the net, hit the goalie, fall down, etc? It was a light reference to Pominville's ability to miss on good scoring opportunities. I realize he's a better scorer than May.

No I don't remember May and LaFontaine playing together, and therefore, I didn't get your "light" reference. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Pominville would be even better if he had gotten the Vanek treatment and got sat a few times so far. Too late now, I suspect. But he'd benefit just like Vanek would from the addition of an actual top-tier Centerman like Brad Richards.

I gave it a 4.

Met him a few times through a mutual friend. Real nice guy.

I met Jeffrey Dahmer back in the 80s when I was the Packers ball boy. Gave me a ride after we beat the Vikings and asked me in for a game of Strip Operation. Nice guy. It was Sunday night, so I had to run home and wash my hair. Wow, was that close.

I met Jeffrey Dahmer back in the 80s when I was the Packers ball boy. Gave me a ride after we beat the Vikings and asked me in for a game of Strip Operation. Nice guy. It was Sunday night, so I had to run home and wash my hair. Wow, was that close.

I thought telling you I met him through a mutual friend was more polite than telling you it was NOYFB.

Archived