Let the autopsy begin...

Sabre Dance

I'm sure I'll change my mind several times in the offseason, but from where I stand today, I'd do this...

- I'd send Regier and Ruff packing, but I'd settle for just Ruff going. His message is stale, the players laugh at his benching of guys like Stafford and Sekera and his "system" especially getting the puck out of their own end has been a trainwreck for several years now.

- Trade Roy and players/picks/prospects to get a legit #1 center

- Trade Stafford & Gerbe for picks(I like Gerbe's willingness to battle, but their just isn't room for two midgets on the team).

- Buyout the last year of Rivet's contract. He is finished.

- Sign Lydman to a new 3 year deal.

- Sign Grier to a 1 year deal.

- Let Tallinder, Ellis, Torres and Mair walk.

- Promote Weber from Portland

-Keep Connolly for this year, and this year only(I'd consider trading him at the deadline). As the Who once sang..."Won't get fooled again"!

Ennis-#1 Center-Vanek

Hecht-Connolly-Pominville

Kennedy-Adam-Grier

Kaleta-Gaustad-McCormick-FA who will hit and fight, but also can skate a regular shift

Myers

Montador

Lydman

Weber

Sekera

Butler

FA #5-6-7(similar to Montador in style and pay)

Miller & ???

I'm sure I'll change my mind several times in the offseason, but from where I stand today, I'd do this...

- I'd send Regier and Ruff packing, but I'd settle for just Ruff going. His message is stale, the players aren't listening and his "system" especially getting the puck out of their own end has been a trainwreck for several years now.

- Trade Roy and players/picks/prospects to get a legit #1 center

- Trade Stafford & Gerbe for picks(I like Gerbe's willingness to battle, but their just isn't room for two midgets on the team).

- Buyout the last year of Rivet's contract. He is finished.

- Sign Lydman to a new 3 year deal.

- Sign Grier to a 1 year deal.

- Let Tallinder, Ellis, Torres and Mair walk.

- Promote Weber from Portland

-Keep Connolly for this year, and this year only(I'd consider trading him at the deadline). As the Who once sang..."Won't get fooled again"!

Ennis-#1 Center-Vanek

Hecht-Connolly-Pominville

Kennedy-Adam-Grier

Kaleta-Gaustad-McCormick-FA who will hit and fight, but also can skate a regular shift

Myers

Montador

Lydman

Weber

Sekera

Butler

FA #5-6-7(similar to Montador in style and pay)

Miller & ???

Luke Adam isn't remotely ready for the NHL. He needs a season or 2 in Portland.

Gerbe is in Buffalo on the team next season, we have room for Roy, Ennis and Gerbe if there not on the same line.

Completely agree about the need for a FRANCHISE center, not just a number 1 center, but Roy plays well with Vanek, he isn't going anywhere any time soon, has a great contract to boot.

Connolly is done in my opinion, if not at draft then at the deadline next season, but its time for him to go. What really baffles me about the fans here in Buffalo is how they can even consider calling Connolly consistant. Didn't even make 20 goals this season, assists are fine, but pucks in the net are what your after for a player like him. He was not only inconsistant, he dissappeared for large, and I mean large stretches of the season.

Stafford is done, the faster we move him, the better.

Niether Lydman or Tallinder get resigned, both are over 30 and we have a log jam at defense as it is. Say hello to Weber, and in case no one has noticed, Gragnani is just about NHL ready as an offensive Dman, I would keep Weber and Gragnani together here in Buffalo then find Myers a partner worth a dam.

Sekera/Butler, Butler is a joke, Sekera atleast try's.

Get rid of Roy and Stafford and picks for a number 1 or 2 center.

Re-sign Lydman and Grier.

Sign Plekanec and Volchenko.

Keep Connolly till deadline.

Ennis/Plekanec/Vanek

Kennedy/??/Pominville

Hecht/Connolly/Grier

Ellis/Gaustad/Kaletta/Gerbe

Volchenko/ Myers

Lydman/ Butler

Weber/ Montador

Sekera

Ruff and Connolly are the only two people I would rather not see next year.

When I really look at this season I can only come to one conclusion, it was really lame. There were very few big wins (Penguins comeback, Washington shut out, Calgary+Chicago). The last two months were pretty dreadful. Even when they were racking up the points early on the games were ho-hum (Miller even said they were only there to win not to be exciting, or something like that).

It was the same season that we saw the previous two seasons, the only difference being Miller's great year. We saw the same system and mistakes that we've been seeing since the Carolina series in '06, and the same power play.

Ain't no sunshine 'til there gone.

Get rid of Roy and Stafford and picks for a number 1 or 2 center.

Re-sign Lydman and Grier.

Sign Plekanec and Volchenko.

Keep Connolly till deadline.

We seem to agree on the moves to be made. I just wonder how much Volchenkov is going to cost and if they will have the cap room to sign him...not to mention Plekanec.

I'm just glad in all this conversation that there are no "I told you so"s. We're just talking about how to make the team better. The S+K crew was pretty insufferable towards the end of the season.

We seem to agree on the moves to be made. I just wonder how much Volchenkov is going to cost and if they will have the cap room to sign him...not to mention Plekanec.

Cap is expected to go up by 2 or 3 million and salaries have been reigned in a bit so although I haven't done much work on it I think both would fit.

Luke Adam isn't remotely ready for the NHL. He needs a season or 2 in Portland.

Gerbe is in Buffalo on the team next season, we have room for Roy, Ennis and Gerbe if there not on the same line.

Completely agree about the need for a FRANCHISE center, not just a number 1 center, but Roy plays well with Vanek, he isn't going anywhere any time soon, has a great contract to boot.

Connolly is done in my opinion, if not at draft then at the deadline next season, but its time for him to go. What really baffles me about the fans here in Buffalo is how they can even consider calling Connolly consistant. Didn't even make 20 goals this season, assists are fine, but pucks in the net are what your after for a player like him. He was not only inconsistant, he dissappeared for large, and I mean large stretches of the season.

Stafford is done, the faster we move him, the better.

Niether Lydman or Tallinder get resigned, both are over 30 and we have a log jam at defense as it is. Say hello to Weber, and in case no one has noticed, Gragnani is just about NHL ready as an offensive Dman, I would keep Weber and Gragnani together here in Buffalo then find Myers a partner worth a dam.

Sekera/Butler, Butler is a joke, Sekera atleast try's.

Gragnani is not an NHL defenseman, may never be more then Mancari at defense.

Archived