Stat that lists how many ES/SH goals against, each player has been on the ice for?

LabattBlue

I did a half hearted google search for a stat that would show how many ES/SH goals against each player has been on the ice for, but came up empty. Anyone ever see something like this?

I think it would be a better indication of who the best defensive players are in the league, versus +/- where if you play on a team that is an offensive powerhouse, the stats become skewed by all the goals scored by your team.

I did a half hearted google search for a stat that would show how many ES/SH goals against each player has been on the ice for, but came up empty. Anyone ever see something like this?

I think it would be a better indication of who the best defensive players are in the league, versus +/- where if you play on a team that is an offensive powerhouse, the stats become skewed by all the goals scored by your team.

If you go to NHL.com stats and click on plus/minus it breaks down +/- a little and also allows you to pull up team goals against that that player was on for and shows team power play goals against.

You will see that Scott Niedermayer leads the league by being on the ice for 121 goals against. The next column shows team ppg against. You would have to do the math in order to interpolate your desired result.

If you go to NHL.com stats and click on plus/minus it breaks down +/- a little and also allows you to pull up team goals against that that player was on for and shows team power play goals against.

You will see that Scott Niedermayer leads the league by being on the ice for 121 goals against. The next column shows team ppg against. You would have to do the math in order to interpolate your desired result.

Wow. 121 GA. Me thinks his game has slipped a google.

That's close enough. Thx.

Knowing that this stat is skewed by the play of the other 5 skaters on the ice(including the goalie), here is what I found out about our blueliners when looking at ES goals on the ice against/per minutes played...

Lydman 1 goal against for every 30.3 minutes on the ice

Montador 1 every 25.8

Rivet 1 every 24.7

Sekera 1 every 23.8

Myers 1 every 23.3

Tallinder 1 every 23.0

Butler 1 every 20.1

I'm not really surprised to find Lydman at the top. I always felt he was the Sabres best defenseman in their own zone. The only one that I could have guessed ahead of time is Butler finishing dead last.

Archived