Insight from Sabres Road Crew in Atlanta

buffaloaggie

I was at the Sabres Road Crew event at Hudson Grille here in Midtown Atlanta last night and I was able to talk to Darcy Regier, James Patrick and Kevin Sylvester for a while.

I asked Regier about why the Sabres had to move up one pick to get Tyler Myers. He told me that there were rumors the Kings were wanting to move down and they still thought they'd be able to get their man. Regier did not want anyone to jump ahead of the Sabres to take Myers, as he was the only guy that they were targeting at that spot. He said the the Kings wrote who they wanted on a slip of paper (Colton Teubert) and he wrote Myers name and as long as the names did not match, they'd consummate the deal. I congratulated him and thanked him for the pick, and he gave all the credit to his scouts.

I asked James Patrick about Jay McKee. He said the Sabres did not really think about signing him, despite the rumors. The only way they'd bring him back would be as a seventh defenseman. He did not rule out a possible future return to the Sabres when I asked him if McKee was harboring any bad feelings about leaving the Sabres. I didn't think there would be bad feelings, but I had to ask.

Finally, I asked Sylvester how Roby was doing. He said he was having a rough time recovering, but he was listening to his doctors for the first time in his life (jokingly) and was hoping to make a return still before the end of the season.

I asked Regier about why the Sabres had to move up one pick to get Tyler Myers. He told me that there were rumors the Kings were wanting to move down and they still thought they'd be able to get their man. Regier did not want anyone to jump ahead of the Sabres to take Myers, as he was the only guy that they were targeting at that spot. He said the the Kings wrote who they wanted on a slip of paper (Colton Teubert) and he wrote Myers name and as long as the names did not match, they'd consummate the deal. I congratulated him and thanked him for the pick, and he gave all the credit to his scouts.

I'm still confused by this. Sabres and Kings switched consecutive places, right? And if I remember right, the Sabres didn't give anything to LA. So why wouldn't LA have just picked Teubert in their spot, and the Sabres pick Myers next? I could see if the Sabres gave them something (a later pick) to keep them from trading places with someone further down the list (like Ottawa), but it just doesn't make any sense otherwise.

I'm still confused by this. Sabres and Kings switched consecutive places, right? And if I remember right, the Sabres didn't give anything to LA. So why wouldn't LA have just picked Teubert in their spot, and the Sabres pick Myers next? I could see if the Sabres gave them something (a later pick) to keep them from trading places with someone further down the list (like Ottawa), but it just doesn't make any sense otherwise.

LA wanted Teubert and thought they could move down and still get him. Regier was worried they would trade to someone who wanted Myers. So Regier offered to trade places with LA, and give them a 3rd round pick(in 2009 I think). LA said fine, as long as we were not going to take Teubert(essentially). Since we wanted Myers, the deal was done.

I was at the Sabres Road Crew event at Hudson Grille here in Midtown Atlanta last night and I was able to talk to Darcy Regier, James Patrick and Kevin Sylvester for a while.

I asked James Patrick about Jay McKee. He said the Sabres did not really think about signing him, despite the rumors. The only way they'd bring him back would be as a seventh defenseman. He did not rule out a possible future return to the Sabres when I asked him if McKee was harboring any bad feelings about leaving the Sabres. I didn't think there would be bad feelings, but I had to ask.

Finally, I asked Sylvester how Roby was doing. He said he was having a rough time recovering, but he was listening to his doctors for the first time in his life (jokingly) and was hoping to make a return still before the end of the season.

:worthy: damn, that was good! thanks.

LA wanted Teubert and thought they could move down and still get him. Regier was worried they would trade to someone who wanted Myers. So Regier offered to trade places with LA, and give them a 3rd round pick(in 2009 I think). LA said fine, as long as we were not going to take Teubert(essentially). Since we wanted Myers, the deal was done.

OK, *that* makes sense. I didn't know/forgot there was a 3rd round pick involved.

Archived