At what point do we look at Lindy's role?

gomper

First, I'm not a Lindy hater. Obviously he's a very good coach and has seen the team through some very trying times. His success is well documented. But the way this team plays it's clear that they've tuned him out. Lindy explains.....uses video to support his arguement....Lindy yells....Lindy benches (insert player here) player X snaps out of it for a game or two...then player X goes into the tank for 10-12 games again. I really think the length of his tenue is now working against him instead of for him. The next time they "punch first" (old Bill Walsh phrase about setting the physical tone)will be the first time. The biggest offenders (26,29,21,19,52) don't seem the least bit worried or concerned about their current plight. Why is it that a coach of Ruff's stature cant get anything more than a pedestrian performance out of them?

This team would get destroyed in the first round but dont worry, we'll never see it. They will miss the playoffs completely.

First, I'm not a Lindy hater. Obviously he's a very good coach and has seen the team through some very trying times. His success is well documented. But the way this team plays it's clear that they've tuned him out. Lindy explains.....uses video to support his arguement....Lindy yells....Lindy benches (insert player here) player X snaps out of it for a game or two...then player X goes into the tank for 10-12 games again. I really think the length of his tenue is now working against him instead of for him. The next time they "punch first" (old Bill Walsh phrase about setting the physical tone)will be the first time. The biggest offenders (26,29,21,19,52) don't seem the least bit worried or concerned about their current plight. Why is it that a coach of Ruff's stature cant get anything more than a pedestrian performance out of them?

This team would get destroyed in the first round but dont worry, we'll never see it. They will miss the playoffs completely.

Despite Ruff's teams having a few forays deep into the playoffs, his overall record hovers around the .500 mark. I know it only takes one really successful season to win a Cup, but methinks that ship sailed already.... (Methinks? Where the heck did that come from?)

Despite Ruff's teams having a few forays deep into the playoffs, his overall record hovers around the .500 mark. I know it only takes one really successful season to win a Cup, but methinks that ship sailed already.... (Methinks? Where the heck did that come from?)

It came running through that thing in your avatar. Tossing flower petals in the air as it did. Followed by several of the Sabres as bridesmaids.

Mike Schopp is really going after Lindy today. I'm loving it. Always liked Schopp.

Hamilton's retort was typical: Tell me who's better.

At least Bulldog is admitting that Ruff is untouchable for only one reason: he's a Buffalo guy.

I loved Lindy's latest excuse. The players "goofed off" for the "sub teachers" during the break. This goes hand in hand with the smug "I'll get em there" comment. Hey, Lindy, how was the team playing before the break. I think my head's gonna buss open.

That's not an unfair question/retort...who out there is going to turn this group into winners? I'm not saying Lindy's the best coach in the league or anything, but I don't see a single coach out there that would be able to change this group.

If anything proves how important quality players are, it was the Olympics. Ron Wilson had that group CLICKING...but they've got a mess up in Toronto, and they're basically the worst team in the league. It doesn't reflect poorly on Wilson that those players suck.

I think the same logic applies to Lindy - these guys are too soft. Darcy took a gamble on this core, and it turned out to be wrong. It's his responsibility to fix it this off-season, and if he doesn't, he should be the one that's out.

That's not an unfair question/retort...who out there is going to turn this group into winners? I'm not saying Lindy's the best coach in the league or anything, but I don't see a single coach out there that would be able to change this group.

If anything proves how important quality players are, it was the Olympics. Ron Wilson had that group CLICKING...but they've got a mess up in Toronto, and they're basically the worst team in the league. It doesn't reflect poorly on Wilson that those players suck.

I think the same logic applies to Lindy - these guys are too soft. Darcy took a gamble on this core, and it turned out to be wrong. It's his responsibility to fix it this off-season, and if he doesn't, he should be the one that's out.

That was his charge last summer. Time's up.

That was his charge last summer. Time's up.

I definitely understand that point-of-view. I don't totally agree with it, because with the push they made at the end of the year, I can see why someone would think adding Montador, Grier (toughness), and brining up Myers and Kennedy (youth, scoring) could be the difference needed.

It was wrong, for sure, but now there's absolutely no more excuses come this summer.

Mike Schopp is really going after Lindy today. I'm loving it. Always liked Schopp.

At least Bulldog is admitting that Ruff is untouchable for only one reason: he's a Buffalo guy.

But isn't that the truth? Who would we bring in as coach? Kevin Dineen? Randy Cunnyworth? James Patrick? Scott Arniel? Craig Ramsey? Criag MacTavish?

Would these guys be better? At first, it may seem so, the grass is always greener on the other side, until you get there and theres no way of going back. It seems like a better move because what you see today is reality. I think you're kidding yourself if you think they would hire a experienced head coach....

Archived