Milbury: Classless Jerk

bottlecap

it is no big deal at all...Russia laid down like ###### and deserved to be called out!

you know, it cracks me up...they hire these guys to express opinions and be entertaining...then when they stick their necks out everyone is so offended...

"racial slur" my ass. he called them out for playing like pussies, which they did! good for him for telling the truth.

Milbury has been a jerk since that day he climbed into the stands and beat a Ranger fan with the fan's shoe ... no surprise here, nothing to see, move along.

If that had happened today, Milbury would never be allowed to work in any connection with the NHL (or the Olympics).

Nothing more than some moron (Milbury) using the wrong term to correctly describe the Russian game, not anyone's lifestyle. And of course, a couple of off color words were spoken and The Huff is going to pick that up and try and run with it. Complete with childish badly photoshopped insulting images of the suject.

Personally racial slurs make me shudder with embarassment for those that use them, but to go after every little borderline issue to me de-values instances where REAL racism, xenophobia, sexism etc. exists.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bd-gallof/mike-milburys-comments-ov_b_476364.html

NBC must be in disarray to pick this loser with the anti-Midas touch to comment on the Olympics. Hope the Eurotrash comment comes back to haunt him and the network. Jerks. :bag:

I like the way the writer rips Milbury for using the term euro-trash but then goes out of his way to call Milbury American trash, which gives this article and it's witer zero credibility.

I really don't have a strong reaction one way or another towards Milbury he is over the top with his preference for knuckle dragging hockey like many Sabres fans are but then again his record as a GM speaks for itself.

I've used the term euro trash too, and probably will in the future, but in regard to attitudes, not in regard to how a team or a player plays hockey.

I guess depending on how you look at it, it could apply, but it seems out of place.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bd-gallof/mike-milburys-comments-ov_b_476364.html

NBC must be in disarray to pick this loser with the anti-Midas touch to comment on the Olympics. Hope the Eurotrash comment comes back to haunt him and the network. Jerks. :bag:

A few words only need to be spoke to shut Miltrap up...NEW YORK ISLANDERS

1. Milbury is a classless jerk.

2. Milbury was a terrible GM and is terrible on TV. The entire NESN NHL broadcasting group should be crushed slowly between collapsing walls (like in Star Wars) as a pay per view event. Brickley should be saved at the last minute, but never allowed to broadcast local games for any team (he's ok as a national guy, but absolutely brutal on NESN.)

3. Milbury was entirely correct in his analysis and his choice in words. The Russians should have executed every one of those players when they left the ice. (Honestly, I thought that communist countries really did this when their teams/athletes lost at the Olympics. My father told me, and convinced me it was true. He was a John Bircher. For real.)

4. All the outraged douchebags at the HuffPo had better never pick on southerners, christians, or rednecks if they want to pick on the term "eurotrash". They are not different in any way, shape, or form. Eurotrash describes a particular Euro subculture/mindset.

5. There is no such race as "European". Europe is a continent. You could even claim that European is a culture (although I would argue that it is not monolithic enough to be classified as a single culture.) People claiming that eurotrash is a racist term are retards and should probably be sterilized. Maybe that's a bit too far, but their opinions should never be considered seriously by serious people.

6. SRS bizness.

I like the way the writer rips Milbury for using the term euro-trash but then goes out of his way to call Milbury American trash, which gives this article and it's witer zero credibility.

1, Milbury can say the right thing at the right time at times. His comments on calling Tiger Woods "Tiger Wuss" was apropos, given that Elin's husband was dissing hockey altogether.

2, Don't get me started on the Huff - especially on non-hockey related issues. I have to wait until Thursday to rip them apart.

3, Other than that, I cringe whenever I see Milbury's face on the telly because I never know if he's going to offer any worthwhile input or if he's going to stick his foot in his mouth.

I don't care.

He didn't call them eurotrash, he said they brought their 'eurotrash game', which is not very physical and easily intimidated. So what. What's the big deal?

Is he a jerk? Sure he is, but why is this such a big deal?

I like your avatar. Sorry for going off-topic, but I just wanted you to know.

Unless someone's a Pens fan, the rest of the league (and their fans) hate him with a passion. Add my Mother In Law to that list.

Archived