This is what happens in February when a team has talent

notwoz

At the risk of being branded as a traitor to the home team, I have to agree with you. Bruce Boudreau doesn't strike me as a brilliant coach -- good but not great -- but he's a coach with a s**tload of talent and a hard-working roster.

I'm already a Sabre traitor! I watched 60 percent of the Caps' playoff games last year.

Boudreau isn't the greatest coach, nor even a top coach in the league. But i think his style fits Washington. He keeps things very east going, but also can get the players in line when need be. I think he deserves some credit for maintaining great chemisty in that room for almost 3 years now.

If only they had a chance to trade for one. Oh, wait a second, they did. :wallbash:

I wasn't certain about Kovy, but the more I get to see him with the Devils, the less I am convinced he'd help any renting team. He was out for over 11 minutes of powerplay time tonight without a point. He was on the ice for the first PP goal, but I missed that, so I can't say if he was really involved or not. However, the parts that I did watch, he was totally floating around and didn't create much of anything. In fact, he might have fit right in with the rest of our PP. I'm not kidding. If I didn't see the #17, I would have asked who that scrub was. Maybe, he just needs time to feel out his teammates, but after putting up two assists in his first game, he put up nothing in nearly 50 minutes of TOI, including 18 minutes of PPTOI in the two games since.

I wasn't certain about Kovy, but the more I get to see him with the Devils, the less I am convinced he'd help any renting team. He was out for over 11 minutes of powerplay time tonight without a point. He was on the ice for the first PP goal, but I missed that, so I can't say if he was really involved or not. However, the parts that I did watch, he was totally floating around and didn't create much of anything. In fact, he might have fit right in with the rest of our PP. I'm not kidding. If I didn't see the #17, I would have asked who that scrub was. Maybe, he just needs time to feel out his teammates, but after putting up two assists in his first game, he put up nothing in nearly 50 minutes of TOI, including 18 minutes of PPTOI in the two games since.

Sorry, none of that changes the fact that I'd still have driven Roy and/or MacArthur, Butler and/or Lydman, Hecht and/or Gaustad, and the 2nd round draft pick to Atlanta myself for the sheer possibility that Kovalchuk would fit well with Vanek or Connolly's line. And something tells me he would.

If we had a 40-50+ goal scorer on This team (VANEK WHERE ARE YOU?), we would be borderline cup worthy. Guys like Ovi and Sid literally don't F*ckn miss a wrister up close uncontested, they are unstoppable when they get a good look. Vanek looks slow and clumsy compared to these superstars, and Vanek was supposed to be our super star.

Proposed trade. Vanek and someone else or a pick and try to steal Stamkos from the Lightning. He will be a superstar, and he's a sniper.

We have no one on this team that can consistently shoot well. Pommer might be our best but he's not a star.

While I agree with much of this post, this suggested trade (and others like it calling for the Sabres to get guys like Staal) is ridiculous. Stamkos has 32 goals and 29 assists in his 2nd year. Tampa ain't trading him.

Sorry, none of that changes the fact that I'd still have driven Roy and/or MacArthur, Butler and/or Lydman, Hecht and/or Gaustad, and the 2nd round draft pick to Atlanta myself for the sheer possibility that Kovalchuk would fit well with Vanek or Connolly's line. And something tells me he would.

Yeah he'd fit alright. Just think, we could have Kovalchuk, Connolly and Vanek all not scoring. They'd be the highest paid 4th line ever!

Roy, Butler and Gaustad for a Kovy rental? That is insane, and much more than NJ gave up.

Now: Mac, Lydman and Hecht for a rental is a much different story. I'd have made that trade in a second, and I suspect DR (as well as most of us here) would have done so too.

Archived