It's February, so Relax

Dave Dryden

The interesting thing is that after looking at the schedule, with a sustained stretch of just decent hockey, the rest of this month is relatively soft and could be run (well, except for that guaranteed loss against Ottawa). They have a decent chance of rebuilding that cushion in the division and maybe even the #2 seed. I wouldn't put any money on it, but I sure as ###### would welcome it if they did wake up.

Fairly prophetic.

Don't get me wrong. I know I complain. Mostly about Lindy Ruff. But I don't live in Buffalo so if I don't do it here I have nowhere else to do it, and I'll end up beating my wife or kicking my dog or something. So just consider you reading these posts as some sort of public service. That might make it easier for ya.

Are you feeling any better now? Dog and wife OK?

Are you feeling any better now? Dog and wife OK?

Both are fine. Thanks for asking. Actually got a second dog. But I'm still not jumping for joy because we beat three teams that are not in the playoffs and lost to another. I still have my doubts about Lindy, but watching ANY playoffs that include the Sabres will be fun, even if for only one series.

Both are fine. Thanks for asking. Actually got a second dog. But I'm still not jumping for joy because we beat three teams that are not in the playoffs and lost to another. I still have my doubts about Lindy, but watching ANY playoffs that include the Sabres will be fun, even if for only one series.

Good to hear.

I have a big tough Yellow Lab--very alpha--bit half an ear off a pit bull who attacked him once. Still, he goes to the other room when we watch the Sabres--I don't think he likes my vocabulary at those times :)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to April!

Dave, I knew you'd catch a lot of flack when you started this thread. The mood around here was terrible. But as I suspected, you were 100% right that the slump was just a slump like most every team endures at some point during a season.

Of course if they lose to Toronto tonight, it's back to panic mode. :D

Archived