Sabres need to win against teams they should beat

sabres121879

I absolutely loved this article. NHL News: Northeast Division Teams Struggle for positions It is written by a national AP writer from Buffalo, but he blogs too like this one. It hammers home the point that the division and the conference will be won against teams like Atlanta, Tampa, the Islanders, Carolina and other weak teams. If you beat the teams you are supposed to beat then you will be in much better shape at the end of the season. I know last nights game was only one game and for the most part the sabres are beating the teams the should beat and have been playing great all year. I just thought this article really hits home cause the Sabres over the last couple of seasons have struggled against the bottom teams in the league. Go Sabres!

I absolutely loved this article. NHL News: Northeast Division Teams Struggle for positions It is written by a national AP writer from Buffalo, but he blogs too like this one. It hammers home the point that the division and the conference will be won against teams like Atlanta, Tampa, the Islanders, Carolina and other weak teams. If you beat the teams you are supposed to beat then you will be in much better shape at the end of the season. I know last nights game was only one game and for the most part the sabres are beating the teams the should beat and have been playing great all year. I just thought this article really hits home cause the Sabres over the last couple of seasons have struggled against the bottom teams in the league. Go Sabres!

I'm sorry, but the Buffalo Sabres are in no position to consider themselves a team that SHOULD beat anyone. The fans and media shouldn't think that way either.

I'm sorry, but the Buffalo Sabres are in no position to consider themselves a team that SHOULD beat anyone. The fans and media shouldn't think that way either.

Right. But if they wanted to step up to be considered 'good', then they should be beating some teams.

But they aren't 'good', just average to below average. The standings don't reflect it yet, but by mid december this team will be where they should be.

Good? Average? Below? I don't know. They have beaten very good teams and won very tough games, but they've also laid eggs against teams low in the standings. You may be right about the standings in December ... or you may not be ... nobody knows. However, this past week certainly reminded me of last season, where they were better against better teams and worse against weaker teams. I believe that is the OP's point.

Archived