Sabres out-Detroit Detroit

matter2003

After the game Mike Babcock, Detroit Head Coach and Head Coach of Team Canada, of which Lindy is an assistant:

“All the things we’re trying to do here, they flat out did it better,” Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said.

I don't know what has gotten into this team, but I am really liking it. They are basically dominating teams in puck possession and shots on goal every game. It's early in the year, but this is a completely different style of play for this team...

Could this Sabres team be this good?

I'm thrilled with last night's win. It is a statement win. As your title suggests, Buffalo gave Detroit a taste of its own medicine. Now having said that, this year's Detroit team doesn't have nearly the players on it that previous years did. I heard on the radio, that 120 goals walked in the off season. On top of that, Franzen is out 4 months. Could be that Detroit just isn't up to snuff this year.

I'm thrilled with last night's win. It is a statement win. As your title suggests, Buffalo gave Detroit a taste of its own medicine. Now having said that, this year's Detroit team doesn't have nearly the players on it that previous years did. I heard on the radio, that 120 goals walked in the off season. On top of that, Franzen is out 4 months. Could be that Detroit just isn't up to snuff this year.

Yeah, saw that too. 40% of their goal production gone.

Archived