Phoenix Shuts Out The Pens 3-0

VansTheMans

:unsure:

Well, they should be tired tomorrow night...right? :unsure:

They choked the Pens tonight, clogging up the neutral zone and preventing them from carrying the puck in.

Looks like the Sabres will have to dump and chase the puck...even though they didn't do it very well against Montreal in the opener.

:unsure:

Well, they should be tired tomorrow night...right? :unsure:

They choked the Pens tonight, clogging up the neutral zone and preventing them from carrying the puck in.

Looks like the Sabres will have to dump and chase the puck...even though they didn't do it very well against Montreal in the opener.

I saw that too. Why do we always have to resort to such a cop-out style of play? Barring any cynicism, haven't they learned that dump and chase should not be used all the time? It's no wonder that teams like Detroit are so successful due to the fact that they hold on to puck control and possession instead of this D&C malarkey.

Dump and chase is fine, but you must do it properly. The Sabres did it very poorly in the home opener. You need to dump the puck in away from defenders, so that you have time to skate in and regain control of the puck. They were continually dumping it where defenders could quickly get to it.

Hopefully they addressed that in practice and are prepared for tomorrow night. We shall see.

Dump and chase is fine, but you must do it properly. The Sabres did it very poorly in the home opener. You need to dump the puck in away from defenders, so that you have time to skate in and regain control of the puck. They were continually dumping it where defenders could quickly get to it.

Hopefully they addressed that in practice and are prepared for tomorrow night. We shall see.

Price did a nice job of playing the puck, as well. Gotta hit the corners and get in there, no half-assing. That's what I saw, anyway.

Players like Connolly, Roy, Vanek, Stafford, McArthur, and Pominville are not prototypical dump and chase type players. They are neither big nor strong enough to go into the corners and outwork the defenseman. These are skill players who whose best style would be what create on the rush. I know they missed the playoffs doing it this way last year, but getting them to do something that isn't their strength could lead to worse results than we saw last year in my opinion. I'd love to be wrong on this but I'll believe dump and chase is a better way for this team to play hockey when I see it.

Players like Connolly, Roy, Vanek, Stafford, McArthur, and Pominville are not prototypical dump and chase type players. They are neither big nor strong enough to go into the corners and outwork the defenseman. These are skill players who whose best style would be what create on the rush. I know they missed the playoffs doing it this way last year, but getting them to do something that isn't their strength could lead to worse results than we saw last year in my opinion. I'd love to be wrong on this but I'll believe dump and chase is a better way for this team to play hockey when I see it.

Yea, that's something I've been thinking about as well.

They could fail miserably and have huge difficulty scoring goals if their thrown out of their element. We shall have to see.

You mean Lindy might be choking the life out of his team? Nahhhh. And the other day I guess he was coaching "frustration" with the power play units. Brilliants. Reminds me of the football coaches who pipe in crowd noise during practice. What a tool.

Archived