Darcy Regier says veterans on the spot

R_Dudley

Article pretty much sums up some of the fears here that we are who we were,

Sorry can't get the insert link to work I'm guessing I.E 6.01 not supported now.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=458025

Regier said the plan is to stick with Miller and Patrick Lalime in net. Henrik Tallinder and Toni Lydman once again form the first defense pairing, supported by Rivet and Chris Butler, the former Denver University star who made the Sabres in his first pro season. Montador might pair with Andrej Sekera, but those two and emerging defensemen Marc-Andre Gragnani, Joe DiPenta and Mike Weber may be pushed aside by Tyler Myers, the 2008 first-round draft pick who stands 6-foot-7 and 220 pounds.

"Myers will push to convince us to keep him here," Regier said. "Given the year he had in juniors and at the World Juniors, he's certainly an upper-echelon prospect."

Up front, look for Connolly to center Vanek and Pominville; Roy to center Jochen Hecht and Drew Stafford; Gaustad between Clarke MacArthur and Kaleta; and Adam Mair centering Dan Paille and Mark Mancari. Defenseman Nathan Paetsch, like Montador, can play forward and defense.

If that forward group doesn't get the job done, AHL rookie of the year Nathan Gerbe is looking for a job. Tim Kennedy finished second to Mancari in scoring at AHL Portland. Veteran Matt Ellis is strong defensively and can play all three forward positions.

Hmmm... No mention of AP...

I saw Andrew Peters at the Snooty Fox on Saturday and talked to him a bit. He said he thinks hes going to be heading down to Florida. Didn't say if it was the panthers or the lightning...But he'll be up here all the time since his wife is a Buffalo native.

Jp Losman was also there at the time.

I saw Andrew Peters at the Snooty Fox on Saturday and talked to him a bit. He said he thinks hes going to be heading down to Florida. Didn't say if it was the panthers or the lightning...But he'll be up here all the time since his wife is a Buffalo native.

He is also from just 20 minutes accross the border in St. Catharines so he is a local boy like Ellis and Paille

As long as he isn't a Sabre; I'm happy for him. Of course if he ends up down south he'll end up on a team that the Sabres always lose to. :angry:

Archived