A Hockey topic / Fan's Fav center

R_Dudley

A sabres.com poll for fan's for their all time favorite center..

I enjoyed the little video clips and being reminded of some of the other players on those teams as well

Fan Favorite videos/poll

Battery dying, so I didn't watch the vids, but it's a serious shame if there's a real race for No. 1 in that group (Perreault, LaFontaine, Luce, Peca, and Turgeon).

The No. 2 spot should be interesting, though. Luce and Peca were great checking centers, but I think Peca was a little better--but he left on bad terms, which will hurt the popularity, and Luce had more points. Turgeon and LaFontaine were both great assist centers, and good scorers, but neither was here for too long.

I ranked them as follows...

1 -Perreault

2- LaFontaine

3- Luce

4- Peca

5 -Turgeon

Allow me to get on my soapbox for a minute. Even thought I have him ranked #2, Lafontaine's number does not belong up in the rafters....nor does Gare's or anyone else Quinn threw up there. <_<

It should be Perreault, Horton and if Quinn had any sense, he would get Hasek up there this season.

I ranked them as follows...

1 -Perreault

2- Luce

3- LaFontaine

4- Peca

5 -Turgeon

Allow me to get on my soapbox for a minute. Even thought I have him ranked #2, Lafontaine's number does not belong up in the rafters....nor does Gare's or anyone else Quinn threw up there. <_<

It should be Perreault, Horton and if Quinn had any sense, he would get Hasek up there this season.

I should have done this as a poll but I was lazy last night when I did it. I agree with your ranking except I have Luce at number 2. That checking line w/him, Ramsey and Ric Seiling was one of the best in the league at the time, IMHO that was the best Sabres team as far as a center depth with a true 1(Gil) and 2 (Don).

As far as your soapbox, I totally agree with your sentiment and choices and I say start the petition. Hasek truly was one of the teams all time superstars and best goalie ever break up aside. That is what the honor should be all about....

Perreault, although not a complete player, is the face of this flawed organization. I like Michael Peca so I put him #2. This guy was anonymous when he got here and I believe he truly represented the city of Buffalo, being a hard-working, nasty blue collar guy. He was the best leader this team has ever had IMO and helped other anonymous players overachieve to go to the '99 finals. For an undersized guy to keep hitting like that, especially if he can't fight, unfortunately the shelf life is short.

Buffalo is a blue collar town and doesn't need these fancy dans, they need blood and guts guys like Peca. Lots of them.

Archived