Our Division Did NOT Get Much Better

CallawaySabres

Let's see

NJ loses Madden and Gionta

Toronto signs Orr and Komiserik -

Washington signs Knuble - net gain (they also get a hard K out of Kn....go figure) [

Florida loses Boumester/Skraskins/Anderson signs Clemmensen/Reinpreich

NY Rangers Lose Antropov/Gomez/Orr sign Gaborik/Brashear

Philly lose Biron/Knuble/Lupal/Sbisa get Boucher/Emery/Laperriere/Pronger

Ottawa - nothing

Boston - get Begin = Nothing

Montreal - gets Camalleri, Spacek, Gomez, Gionta, Gil, and lose Koivu, Kovalev, Komiserik, Shneider etc although their UFA's are still in play.

Atlanta get Antropov

Buffalo - Montador in spacek out.

Carolina - nothing

Tampa - Ohlund, Walker

Pittsburgh loses Gil, Scuderi, Garon

Islanders - sign Roloson

Pronger in Philly is a huge addition....but other than that....I don't see how anyone in the division has made a significant upgrade, although the Knuble signing in Washinton I really like.

Who got better? Philly clearly....

Boston, Carolina, Ottawa, Pitt, Florida, NJ have stayed out of the market or have signed their own.

Chiarello, Rutherford, Murray, Shero, Lamiarello are all cheap bastards. :beer:

And good hockey men, cheap bastards and good hockey men.

I agree with all of this. However, I didn't think the point was to tread water and try and stay in 10th place. I am still holding out hope that a trade is coming but once again Darcy's crystal ball was wrong when he predicted that trades wouldn't start happening till later in the summer.

I agree with all of this. However, I didn't think the point was to tread water and try and stay in 10th place. I am still holding out hope that a trade is coming but once again Darcy's crystal ball was wrong when he predicted that trades wouldn't start happening till later in the summer.

I think the first round of trades to free up money for free agency is over.

There will be more trades to come for needs....but I think the players that Buffalo may

want to move have quite a bit of money attached to them.....there are still

much cheaper options on the Free Agent Market than trading for Buffalo parts.

Was it a statement about trading all around the league or just trades involving Buffalo? I forget the specifics of what he said there.

Archived