Darche to Montreal

wildcat48

Darche signs with Montreal

July 2, 2009

Portland, ME ? The Portland Pirates lost yet another impact player from last year?s team after Mathieu Darche decided to move on.

Darche, 32, signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Montreal Canadiens yesterday reuniting him with newly named head coach Guy Boucher of the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Read the rest of this entry ?

He's an evil genius.

I bet he signs Kotalik just to pick his brain.

I like this summary of yesterday from a Montreal fan:

Yesterday was kind of like that drunken night out on the town we've all had, where every decision seems perfectly right in the moment...and hey, you're having fun. Then you wake up the next morning with your head throbbing, you spent every last dime you had, and you roll over and see what you went home with. You kinda just want to put your clothes on get the heck up out of there. Ladies and gentlemen, Bob Gainey!

I like this summary of yesterday from a Montreal fan:

That was a good quote.

So the Sabres would be what? You wake up each day knowing you have no money. Every once in a blue moon you scrape together enough money to go to McDonald's. Then you go to bed knowing it will be the same tomorrow.

That was a good quote.

So the Sabres would be what? You wake up each day knowing you have no money. Every once in a blue moon you scrape together enough money to go to McDonald's. Then you go to bed knowing it will be the same tomorrow.

Honestly, I'd take the past fifteen years of being a Sabres fan over the past ten years of being a Canadiens fan. They've won four playoff series in that time; we've won that many since the lockout. Four more conference finals appearances for us than them (4-0) and the only Cup appearance.

Of course, the previous 80 years were something else altogether.

That was a good quote.

McDonald's huh? Kinda fancy comparatively. Plan on ordering or just eating some... sugar packets???

I think the sabres are more of an applebee's type team. They spend their money every now on something nice and try something new everytime. Sometimes it turns out to be a burger and fries, other times it turns out to be a spinach salad.

And yes, we never, order the steak.

I bet if we offered him a 3 year deal at around $5M per year, he would have stayed with us!

It's $5 million for 5 years. It's the only contract the Sabres ever offer. :thumbsup:

It's funny to read fans of a team who has done nothing to improve their team try to rag on a team that is at least attempting

to make significant changes and move the team closer to a Cup. Not to mention that even if the Sabres did have money to spend in

free agency that any player of note would only sign here as a last ditch effort to play if at all.

Archived