Eck's Latest

BamBam

*The Sabres are interested in Jordan Leopold. Eck's Rumors

HAHA.. Thats all it says. No reason given except this is another one of those Derek Morris type of statements that Eck usually throws out there.

*The Ottawa Senators and Buffalo Sabres are both looking to acquire Cammalleri's rights. The Predators also want him, but may not be willing to trade for the opportunity.

*Gionta. The Devils are out from all indications...The Sabres and Thrashers are in...

Some other good ones include:

The Rangers are reportedly offering a deal that may include Chris Drury to the Sens for Dany Heatley. A source close to the scene in NY said that "There are major wheels in motion, and I believe Heatley to be a Ranger by Sunday."

So much for Drury playing for his boyhood team. Enjoy your second stint in Canada Druu. Hope the exchange rate won't screw ya over.

*The Montreal Canadiens have "gone into lockdown mode" and sources are telling me that a "major deal announcement is being prepared for Friday night." Meanwhile, there has been some major shuffling going on among team coaches, etc. Another source in Montreal..."We are about to see a rebirth of this team. The excitement is off the charts. The people who are aware of what is about to happen are smiling ear to ear.

Getting Gionta would be hilarious. It would eliminate team trips to amusement parks since many of the players wouldn't be tall enough to get on the rides. Roy, Gerbe, Ennis and Gionta would be stuck riding large plastic unicorns going 3 miles per hours for the entire day. :rolleyes:

Drury for Heatley sounds like just the type of idiocy we expect out of the Rangers (why build a team when you can just move marquee-worthy names in and out of town?), but shouldn't Drury have gotten a no-trade clause for himself? And if he did, why would he want to go to Ottawa?

Drury for Heatley sounds like just the type of idiocy we expect out of the Rangers (why build a team when you can just move marquee-worthy names in and out of town?), but shouldn't Drury have gotten a no-trade clause for himself? And if he did, why would he want to go to Ottawa?

He has better than that...Drury has a no trade, no waiver clause.

Sorry folks, it's not an Eklund rumor, but a TSN one. Apparently the Sharks are looking for a trading partner for Ryane Clowe.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282829

This is the guy the Sabres must go after. It will cost quite a bit in a trade, but it would be worth it. He brings size, scoring, physical play, and most importantly he fills the void of a true second line scoring left winger. I won't venture to guess what it would cost, but I imagine it would be high. But, with his attributes of size, skill, grit, and physical play it is tough not to want to see him playing for the Sabres regardless of the cost as he is exactly what the Sabres need right now.

Sorry folks, it's not an Eklund rumor, but a TSN one. Apparently the Sharks are looking for a trading partner for Ryane Clowe.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282829

This is the guy the Sabres must go after. It will cost quite a bit in a trade, but it would be worth it. He brings size, scoring, physical play, and most importantly he fills the void of a true second line scoring left winger. I won't venture to guess what it would cost, but I imagine it would be high. But, with his attributes of size, skill, grit, and physical play it is tough not to want to see him playing for the Sabres regardless of the cost as he is exactly what the Sabres need right now.

Did you see his injury history the last 3 years in the link provided? I'll pass, especially when considering the asking price.

My initial reaction to Gionta... YES!!

But not so much after looking at the numbers.

05-06 he excelled due to rule enforcement, he had crazy numbers But after that year, I think we all could agree that the NHL relaxed on its 'rule changes' from the lockout and his type of player suffered...also known as the "smaller playmaker".

I mean the guy goes from 48G 89P in 05-06 playing all 82Games

TO scoring 22 G 53P in 07-08 playing all 82 games

I think he is a threat on the ice with is ability, but not the answer for the Sabres woes.

I would enjoy seeing Darcy pulling the trigger on a Ryane Clowe deal....the guy is perfect for this type of league

unload tallinder or roy and a pick to land him also...it would totally be worth it.

Did you see his injury history the last 3 years in the link provided? I'll pass, especially when considering the asking price.

He missed 22 games from a foot and groin injury in 2006-2007. He tore his ACL in 2007-2008. Last year, he only missed 11 games from a lower body injury. When compared to Tim Connolly, he's an iron man. I feel like if a guy can consistently play 70+ games, then he's worth having. He fills a need for the Sabres and he brings a physical presence with a scoring touch. Aside from Erik Cole, who out on the market (free agent or trade market) provides that skillset at an affordable rate (i.e. a price Buffalo can afford to play) that plays left wing? If Clowe is available, I think Darcy needs to make a call.

Not specifically pointing you out, but everyone on here seems to want a physical player who is big and strong, but wants said player to play 82 games a year. I don't think you are going to find that type of player anywhere. The reason is when you play a style with some wreckless abandon, you are bound to get injured. I can't think of a lot of true power forwards that have been extremely durable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there aren't any as I'm sure there are power forwards that have been pretty durable throughout their careers. But when I think of some of the major power forwards in NHL history, I can't think of many that have been completely durable. I guess the question I have is, if not Clowe, then who? His combination of skill and grit is very hard to find at an affordable price. Just my opinion.

Getting Gionta would be hilarious. It would eliminate team trips to amusement parks since many of the players wouldn't be tall enough to get on the rides. Roy, Gerbe, Ennis and Gionta would be stuck riding large plastic unicorns going 3 miles per hours for the entire day. :rolleyes:

One thing's for sure: he'd be close to home. :thumbsup:

Archived