Crosby handshake flap

PASabreFan

Mario was still playing when they drafted Sid. It's not uncommon for players to move in with teammates for a while, yeah 3 seasons is a bit much, but probably saved him a good 40% on his house if he buys now. Mario took in Fleury too yaknow.

If we had drafted the next Gretzky I'm sure some people in the front office would spoil him too. My point, that you didn't get, was that that kids missed the birthday parties of friends, holidays, etc to go skate. He had the desire to make himself the best, something few kids have these days.

Now stop making me make excuses for the kid. Besides, he'll probably get thrown out by Mario because Mario's got two teenage daughters now that he wants to keep clean.

They're not excuses. Crosby is still a kid. All of the things people whine about with him are all direct results of essentially being the face of canadian hockey for nearly half of his young life. The fans expect him to have the maturity of a guy like Nick Lidstrom, but that doesn't happen over night. He'll grow out of this attitude, but it takes time.

And for what it's worth, buying his own house would probably be a decent start.

What if the entire Pittsburgh team just stayed in the corner celebrating for 10 minutes, while the Wings waited, humiliated?

Would that be OK?

Crosby is the leader and should have broken away and led the team to the handshake line. His age and first Cup are mitigating factors. He should call Lidstrom and apologize. Heck, he just won the Cup. Graciousness should be flowing from him like champagne.

Refusing to say you're sorry when you've made a clear breach of hockey etiquette will dog him for a while. I always wondered why so many hate Crosby. I figured it was just the "hate the best" deal. Now I'm seeing why.

Did you speak out when the Canes were celebrating in 2006 and made the Sabres wait in humiliation???

It was a "what if." I'm sure the Canes didn't celebrate for 10 minutes.

They didn't win the cup either.

The Red Wings that spoke about this just seem like sore losers to me. You lost, take it like a man and come back next year. That's what the Pens did.

They didn't win the cup either.

The Red Wings that spoke about this just seem like sore losers to me. You lost, take it like a man and come back next year. That's what the Pens did.

Here is an interesting article from yahoo that discusses the way Red Wings fans have reacted to the loss. He calls them Philly-like, ouch!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,170262

Archived