Some Interesting Points from the Portland Blog

tom webster

1) Generous dressed instead of Persson. I still believe Buffalo offered Persson a contract hoping he would turn it down so they could have got a compensatory pick for him.

2) Portland will play 2 games in Buffalo next year.

3) Darcy said he hoped to sign Ennis, Brennan and Myers to entry level deals as soon as possible. That would put Ennis and Brennan in Portland next year and Myers the opportunity to make Buffalo or go back to Juniors. No mention of Schiestel and or Byron but that may have been an oversight.

1) Generous dressed instead of Persson. I still believe Buffalo offered Persson a contract hoping he would turn it down so they could have got a compensatory pick for him.

2) Portland will play 2 games in Buffalo next year.

3) Darcy said he hoped to sign Ennis, Brennan and Myers to entry level deals as soon as possible. That would put Ennis and Brennan in Portland next year and Myers the opportunity to make Buffalo or go back to Juniors. No mention of Schiestel and or Byron but that may have been an oversight.

What's the word on Brennan? I've checked his stats a couple times this season and it looks like ended up with 16 G and 25 A, not bad for a defenseman.

What's the word on Brennan? I've checked his stats a couple times this season and it looks like ended up with 16 G and 25 A, not bad for a defenseman.

Well, he's no Dennis Wideman! (Sorry, had to say that) Seriously, I'm not sure how highly he's thought of. I know he has a blistering shot from the point and he had a much better year this year then last but I have seen few glowing reports about him. He started playing hockey relatively late in his life so maybe it will take him a few years to justify his selection. Time will tell.

I can't see Myers anywhere but in juniors this year. It doesn't fit this team's MO at all. But then again, if they're serious about shaking things up and making this team fresh again, that could be a good way to go about it.

As far as Myers goes, I'd hate to see this regime make the call on whether or not to sign him if either Ruff or Regier are going to be replaced. If this is the case, wait until LQ's "exhaustive and extensive" review takes place. <_<

As far as Myers goes, I'd hate to see this regime make the call on whether or not to sign him if either Ruff or Regier are going to be replaced. If this is the case, wait until LQ's "exhaustive and extensive" review takes place. <_<

Any Ruff/Regier decision won't have any impact on Myers. The final deadline for him is much later than that. He can sign but still go back to juniors. He can play up to 9 games with the Sabres before he has to be sent back to juniors.

Archived