I blame the slug ...

carpandean

OK, I'm totally kidding (well, mostly) and know that the Sabres have much bigger problems than their logo, but for fun, I thought that I'd give an end-of-season report on the various jerseys:

White slug jersey and slug helmet: 18-17-6 (51% of points; 44% wins)

Blue slug jersey and slug helmet: 9-10-8 (48% of points; 33% wins)

Blue slug jersey and third logo helmet: 2-1-0 (67% of points; 67% wins)

Blue third jersey and third logo helmet: 12-4-0 (75% of points; 75% wins)

Obviously, the thirds got a little help yesterday in a meaningless game and by playing Toronto in them a number of times, but otherwise, the schedule wasn't too biased. What more evidence do we need for a switch?!

OK, I'm totally kidding (well, mostly) and know that the Sabres have much bigger problems than their logo, but for fun, I thought that I'd give an end-of-season report on the various jerseys:

White slug jersey and slug helmet: 18-17-6 (51% of points; 44% wins)

Blue slug jersey and slug helmet: 9-10-8 (48% of points; 33% wins)

Blue slug jersey and third logo helmet: 2-1-0 (67% of points; 67% wins)

Blue third jersey and third logo helmet: 12-4-0 (75% of points; 75% wins)

Obviously, the thirds got a little help yesterday in a meaningless game and by playing Toronto in them a number of times, but otherwise, the schedule wasn't too biased. What more evidence do we need for a switch?!

You and d4rksabre make an extremely valuable argument against the slug. I couldn't agree more.

The white buffalo head from a few years back was a rather interesting change. It didn't take long for me to get accustomed to it. It had a certain meanness to it. However, the horned slug (as the Flyers board referred to us) is an absolute disgrace.

I don't know why we don't take up a "call to arms" and let the Land of Oz Front Office know that it's practically sacrilegious to keep on a logo that looks like a mutated banana. Imagine how infuriated the fans of such teams like the Original Six or even the Flyers would be if their logos were changed. I just do not understand why we do not have the passion to force them to undo the mess that they've made.

I don't know why we don't take up a "call to arms" and let the Land of Oz Front Office know that it's practically sacrilegious to keep on a logo that looks like a mutated banana. Imagine how infuriated the fans of such teams like the Original Six or even the Flyers would be if their logos were changed. I just do not understand why we do not have the passion to force them to undo the mess that they've made.

http://sabresnotslugs.blogspot.com/

One can only hope we continue to use the current "3rd Jersey" full time next year.

Even my non Sabre friends love it. How can't you love it? With the updated colours and design, the uni is outstanding. And of course, their record in them speaks for itself.

I have no doubt Buffalo would have beaten Boston in round one. Damn it!

One can only hope we continue to use the current "3rd Jersey" full time next year.

Even my non Sabre friends love it. How can't you love it? With the updated colours and design, the uni is outstanding. And of course, their record in them speaks for itself.

I have no doubt Buffalo would have beaten Boston in round one. Damn it!

Archived