Lalime

Grinder42

Those of you who have seen me post, I have been on this guy hard for his poor puck control.....He sure has shown up the past 3 games! He has been a team player tooo.....Anyone notice him slap I think, Toni Lydman on the butt with his stick after he got that icing in the third as the 3rd man down the ice! I might be eating crow.....but put a little pepper on it and I will be glad to eat it every day once we make the playoffs!

Those of you who have seen me post, I have been on this guy hard for his poor puck control.....He sure has shown up the past 3 games! He has been a team player tooo.....Anyone notice him slap I think, Toni Lydman on the butt with his stick after he got that icing in the third as the 3rd man down the ice! I might be eating crow.....but put a little pepper on it and I will be glad to eat it every day once we make the playoffs!

Lydman also saved his ass in the first period by shovelling that puck off the goalline. Simply put, Lalime has been spectacular. Despite the 1-2-1 record in his 4 starts since replacing Miller, he's got a .943 save percentage and 1.72 GAA in those 4 games. Outstanding.

That said, I think Tellqvist should get the start against the Coyotes. It's the perfect scenario...give Lalime a rest after 4 consecutive starts, and play your backup against the team that he just left. Can you imagine how much of an advantage we'd have in a shootout?

Lydman also saved his ass in the first period by shovelling that puck off the goalline. Simply put, Lalime has been spectacular. Despite the 1-2-1 record in his 4 starts since replacing Miller, he's got a .943 save percentage and 1.72 GAA in those 4 games. Outstanding.

That said, I think Tellqvist should get the start against the Coyotes. It's the perfect scenario...give Lalime a rest after 4 consecutive starts, and play your backup against the team that he just left. Can you imagine how much of an advantage we'd have in a shootout?

My only problem with this is Lalime has been so good and while he has 4 consecutive starts he had was a 3 day break? I'd just be afraid to screw with the roll he's been on. Who knows though. It would probably be a slight advantage since he'd know their tendency's/"signature moves"... though one could argue they'd also know his tendencies and weaknesses.

My only problem with this is Lalime has been so good and while he has 4 consecutive starts he had was a 3 day break? I'd just be afraid to screw with the roll he's been on. Who knows though. It would probably be a slight advantage since he'd know their tendency's/"signature moves"... though one could argue they'd also know his tendencies and weaknesses.

Tellqvist has to play either Friday or Saturday. I think it's better to play Tellqvist against his former team, because he will have some small agenda on his mind (to prove he should have been their starter). It's also a team he knows best. Lalime gets back out there Saturday night in Ottawa.

When the schedule first came out I hated it. But now I love it. We could very well put together a win streak right now. And we play Florida twice and we play the NYR. If we beat those teams and have some what of a streak, we should be well infront of 8th by April 1st. We will need the help from both goalies though. I don't want to push my luck with Lalime and play him on back to back nights. Tellqvist is going to need to play and play well. I'd play Tellqvist every Friday game this month. 6th (Coyotes), 20th (Flyers), and 27th (Toronto). All home games and all have a back-to-back the following night.

Tellqvist has to play either Friday or Saturday. I think it's better to play Tellqvist against his former team, because he will have some small agenda on his mind (to prove he should have been their starter). It's also a team he knows best. Lalime gets back out there Saturday night in Ottawa.

When the schedule first came out I hated it. But now I love it. We could very well put together a win streak right now. And we play Florida twice and we play the NYR. If we beat those teams and have some what of a streak, we should be well infront of 8th by April 1st. We will need the help from both goalies though. I don't want to push my luck with Lalime and play him on back to back nights. Tellqvist is going to need to play and play well. I'd play Tellqvist every Friday game this month. 6th (Coyotes), 20th (Flyers), and 27th (Toronto). All home games and all have a back-to-back the following night.

Ah fair enough I had my schedule wrong and for some reason I assumed we weren't rocking the back to back games (guess I just got used to that recently). Well in anycase then yeah that makes sense... Lalime usually plays well against the Sens. Although hopefully Miller gets back so we don't have to rock Tellqvist every friday this month..

Ah fair enough I had my schedule wrong and for some reason I assumed we weren't rocking the back to back games (guess I just got used to that recently). Well in anycase then yeah that makes sense... Lalime usually plays well against the Sens. Although hopefully Miller gets back so we don't have to rock Tellqvist every friday this month..

lol right. I'm just going based on worst case scenario.

After Max came back and broke up that dangerous cross-ice feed, he came out and acknowledged that great play, too. You could see it from the goal cam at the opposite end. That's good leadership right there! I just wish he could've kept the shutout; he deserved it!

After Max came back and broke up that dangerous cross-ice feed, he came out and acknowledged that great play, too. You could see it from the goal cam at the opposite end. That's good leadership right there! I just wish he could've kept the shutout; he deserved it!

I actually noticed this 2 other times, where he made a point of thanking a guy for helping out. I'm beginning to enjoy rooting for this guy! Now, get those rebounds under control!!!

While I'd like to see what Tellqvist can do, I'd much rather keep Lalime going. He's been great and the team has been playing great D for him. It's been nice to have a series of games to observe Lalime and his little nuances; the way he interacts with his team as already noted, and I absolutely love the way he harasses the opposing team players when they get near him.

That goal last night was an oopsy that I think came from overplaying the initial shot (relying on the D to be in position notwithstanding) - if he had more games under his belt this season he may have been able to anticipate that a little better. I don't know, it was tight and the Habs were desperate for a goal.

Anyway, I think Lalime has pretty much shut-up all of the goalie-doomsayers and has worked hard to earn respect amongst the fans. Definitely worthy of his million dollar contract.

I have no issue with Lalime. He has been solid. Even in some of his losses this year, he looked ok....just did not get the goal support. I have a different stance on using the backup. I think Lalime should play against the teams that are most "winnable". They HAVE to beat Phoenix at home on Fri night. Start Lalime. I'd throw Tellqvist in there against Ottawa,,,which is a tougher game vs. an opponent that gives Buffalo fits. I'd actually be happy to get a point out of that one. I want Lalime staying confident and HOT. Maybe Tellqvist can steal one at Ottawa.

Archived