TBN Rumor- Connolly to Columbus?

Two or less

I'd take the risk. We won't replace him in the market and don't have a Connolly type in prospects. At $4 million, it's a big risk, but also could be a huge reward.

As a fan , it is easy to say we'd take the risk. I'm sure the FO has been frustrated with Connolly over the years and rewarding him with a $4m/yr contract has them a bit uneasy.

I'll take Connolly at $4 million per year. Like 3 years.

dude, like, pass the pipe when you're done.

when healthy.

and there's the rub.

i have a healthy respect for your sense of the game, this team, and defer to you for the sheer volume of hockey that you watch, v-m, but saying you'll take connolly at $4MM for 3 years, in the current economy and in a league where i think half of the franchises will struggle to stay out of bankruptcy over the next 2-3 years, makes no sense whatsoever.

That Columbus would be interested in Connolly to pair with Nash is interesting. Nash its said in sixteen months will be unrestricted free agent. Many in hockey circles see Nash as a viable candidate to move elsewhere and Blue Jackets management will need over this summer ascertain quickly if they can sign Nash or they will need seek trade well before they have gun to their head to do so. This is to keep in mind many teams are in economic peril, simply they at best have limited budgets.

I wonder if just maybe Sabres management just might take a look at their pay structure, concede that their hard ball negotiation tactics and structure cost them a most important team leader and Captain, that in order to get a much needed leader they will need to pay. (Vanek gun was to their heads)

Is it possible Darcy could give the Blue Jackets a call, get a deal in place that would send a Rick Nash to the Sabres, just for example, Roy, Connolly, Jackets pick of best young player in organization. Its dreaming to think you are going to get something good for your castoffs, sometimes management need take risk to gain rewards.

With the economic climate deals are out their. Its my opinion the team is in huge need of leader, a guy like a Rick Nash, who is 26 would be that leader ,change the dynamic of the team greatly and be a huge step forward.

Many are targeting this player why not Sabres...

This is to keep in mind many teams are in economic peril, simply they at best have limited budgets.

this is absolutely, without question the biggest factor in all personnel decisions right now in the nhl (and probably every other pro league).

Many are targeting this player why not Sabres...

grant, i loved how your post had, on the one hand, recognition of brutal reality (the economy stinks), but, on the other hand, dared to dream such a beautiful, unlikely dream (nash to buffalo).

Archived