LaLa Didn't Mention Mogilny

bottlecap

Didn't look like Alexander the Great was even there. What would be

so bad if he missed his AHL game?

Despite the 76 goal season and the obvious partnership of the two, it was

curious to say the least, that there was no mention of Alex during LaLa's

jersey retirement speech, unless I missed something.

No mention of Hasek either...

It was great to hear LaLa's crowning of Perreault as "King of Buffalo."

True, true.

Class, 110%

he said a lot of great things about mogilny on the tsn broadcast during the 3rd period.

thats right he did... it seemed like he thanked everyone in the building during the cermony which is nice... but i don't think thanking hasek would be appropriate.. i think even lafontaine realises what hasek did to us... regardless of what he did FOR us before he left in such a stupid way... no one will remember him like they remember Patrick Roy or Brodeur... thats because the onyl place he had any lasting time was in buffalo and he burned those bridges.

Guest Guest

he couldn't thank everyone (although it seemed like he did) during his speech but I also watched the TSN feed and he gave alot of props to Alex. In fact, he said he was the fastest player he had played with and also mentioned Andreychuk. LaFontaine was always a portrait of class (unlike Tie Domi) and really showed tonight why he deserved such an honor.

thats right he did... it seemed like he thanked everyone in the building during the cermony which is nice... but i don't think thanking hasek would be appropriate.. i think even lafontaine realises what hasek did to us... regardless of what he did FOR us before he left in such a stupid way... no one will remember him like they remember Patrick Roy or Brodeur... thats because the onyl place he had any lasting time was in buffalo and he burned those bridges.

Geez, get over it. Hasek was the smartest of the bunch, sensed trouble, and bailed. The team was nosediving fast into bankruptcy and scandal. The guy was never one for making a sound decision, so of course he was flighty leaving town. Without him, the Sabres don't win any series' in the late 90's. Hell, we might not even have a team if he wasn't the main attraction for that many years. The guy was amazing. nuff said.

For the record, he's one of the best goaltenders in history right up there with Roy or Brodeur. Sounds like sour grapes on your behalf.

Didn't look like Alexander the Great was even there. What would be

so bad if he missed his AHL game?

Despite the 76 goal season and the obvious partnership of the two, it was

curious to say the least, that there was no mention of Alex during LaLa's

jersey retirement speech, unless I missed something.

No mention of Hasek either...

It was great to hear LaLa's crowning of Perreault as "King of Buffalo."

True, true.

Class, 110%

WTF does Hasek have to do with Patty?

Archived