Latest Trade Rumors

apuszczalowski

Not much news from the sabres front

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/news_story/...me=fantasy_news

Apparently the Leafs might be interested in McKee

- As contract talks are stalled for Maple Leafs D Bryan McCabe, the Toronto Star suggests that the pending free agent could be traded before the March 9 deadline. The paper suggests that, for a cheaper rate, the Leafs might want to replace McCabe with potential free agents like Buffalo's Jay McKee or Los Angeles' Mattias Norstrom. With McCabe calling free agency "a once in a lifetime opportunity", it might be time for the Leafs to look at trade options.-

And Regier is looking for some defensive help and it could involve moving Biron (like everyone has said all year)

- The Buffalo News reports that Sabres GM Darcy Regier admits the Sabres could use more help on the blueline and an offer of a quality defenceman might be the kind of offer that can pry G Martin Biron away.-

Not much news from the sabres front

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/news_story/...me=fantasy_news

Apparently the Leafs might be interested in McKee

- As contract talks are stalled for Maple Leafs D Bryan McCabe, the Toronto Star suggests that the pending free agent could be traded before the March 9 deadline. The paper suggests that, for a cheaper rate, the Leafs might want to replace McCabe with potential free agents like Buffalo's Jay McKee or Los Angeles' Mattias Norstrom. With McCabe calling free agency "a once in a lifetime opportunity", it might be time for the Leafs to look at trade options.-

And Regier is looking for some defensive help and it could involve moving Biron (like everyone has said all year)

- The Buffalo News reports that Sabres GM Darcy Regier admits the Sabres could use more help on the blueline and an offer of a quality defenceman might be the kind of offer that can pry G Martin Biron away.-

I'm sure the Laffs would love to bring in McKee. What in the world was somebody at the Star smoking to even mention this? The Sabres are NOT trading away a D-man unless they have at least 2 coming in. The Sabres also are not likely to trade anyone who wears a letter on their chest.

You know, I think the Sabres would like to have Dion Phaneuf because they might lose McKee to free agency this off season. Wow, I can play TSN's stupid trade rumor game too. Cool. :P

Can we change the title of this thread to "The sky is blue"? Both "rumors" are just restating the obvious, Toronto needs to free up salary. Buffalo needs to move a goalie.

I'm not saying these were late breaking or anything new just with the trade deadline a week away, this is pretty much what rumors Sabres players have been mentioned in.

I only included the sabres stuff in the post so you don't have to go diggin through to find anything said about the team (only spot a sabres player, or team was mentioned) I included the link to the entire article.

I'm sure the Laffs would love to bring in McKee. What in the world was somebody at the Star smoking to even mention this? The Sabres are NOT trading away a D-man unless they have at least 2 coming in. The Sabres also are not likely to trade anyone who wears a letter on their chest.

My take on it was that the writer was suggesting McKee as a possible signing during the offseason.

Archived