Flyers...interesting stat I found....

matter2003

I was just looking thru some stats and saw the Flyers are the only NHL team this year that has nt given up a short handed goal, and also lead the NHL by a wide margin with short handed goals for, with 13...

Sabres are fairly good in this department as well, having only allowed 1 shortie themselves and scoring 5....

I was just looking thru some stats and saw the Flyers are the only NHL team this year that has nt given up a short handed goal, and also lead the NHL by a wide margin with short handed goals for, with 13...

Sabres are fairly good in this department as well, having only allowed 1 shortie themselves and scoring 5....

Yeah, and the funny thing is that they've actually been stuck at 13 for quite a bit now. I think they had 13 in early January. I wonder if it's a statistical anamoly, or if they simply have something figured out. I remember a couple good shorthanded chances they had against us.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, but I seem to remember that one shorthanded goal being a fluke scenario. Why am I thinking it was something along the lines of and ENG or a goal scored right as a player came out of the box?

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, but I seem to remember that one shorthanded goal being a fluke scenario. Why am I thinking it was something along the lines of and ENG or a goal scored right as a player came out of the box?

I believe that it was an ENer. The Flyers did score with a feed to the guy coming out of the box (I was at that :censored: game), but that was even strength as the power play ended with that guy coming out.

I believe that it was an ENer. The Flyers did score with a feed to the guy coming out of the box (I was at that :censored: game), but that was even strength as the power play ended with that guy coming out.

Another possibility: it may have been a goal scored on a delayed Sabres penalty while Buffalo was on the powerplay. The pulled goalie would've made it 5-on-5. I may be thinking of the wrong team all together (too many games this year), but something stranged happened somewhere.

Archived