Good news on Sekera

BetweenThePipes00

Ouch!!!

"Speaking of news out of Portland, South Buffalo native Tim Kennedy is recovering from oral surgery after a vicious high stick taken in a game Saturday against Manchester that knocked out eight teeth. Manchester?s Gabe Gauthier got a double minor on the play"

Eight Teeth!!! 25% gone in an instant...

Sekera had to be considered for the 'young stars' game if he was not injured, right?

A little recognition is due for him.

I'm on that waggon myself. He has played incredibly well for being so young. I've been struggling to decide whose jersey to purchase and plan on waiting until the official "peace out slug" news conference. Sekera is currently at the top of my list.

Ouch!!!

"Speaking of news out of Portland, South Buffalo native Tim Kennedy is recovering from oral surgery after a vicious high stick taken in a game Saturday against Manchester that knocked out eight teeth. Manchester?s Gabe Gauthier got a double minor on the play"

Eight Teeth!!! 25% gone in an instant...

WOW! I did not know it was that bad. Another Gauthier - any relation to the other Gauthier goon?

That stinks to be that young and have lost eight teeth. Hockey players may be prone to losing teeth, but that is just not right.

I've been struggling to decide whose jersey to purchase and plan on waiting until the official "peace out slug" news conference. Sekera is currently at the top of my list.

Same here!

However, I worry that if they do in fact axe the slug as the primary logo, they might put it on as a shoulder patch. So I'm not sure if maybe I should get this year's third instead of waiting for that. Such decisions.

However, I worry that if they do in fact axe the slug as the primary logo, they might put it on as a shoulder patch. So I'm not sure if maybe I should get this year's third instead of waiting for that. Such decisions.

LQ implied that the slug might become a third jersey. :thumbdown:

LQ implied that the slug might become a third jersey. :thumbdown:

I'd much rather see the slug unis slip into history's trashbin of "horrible uniforms" but if I had to compromise, I'd be somewhat OK with this.

I'd much rather see the slug unis slip into history's trashbin of "horrible uniforms" but if I had to compromise, I'd be somewhat OK with this.

I'd rather have it as a third for a year (no way it lasts longer than that, as sales for it would be nonexistent) than have them put the slug on the shoulders of the primaries for the foreseeable future. However, like you, I'd much rather just see it go away for good.

I'd rather have it as a third for a year (no way it lasts longer than that, as sales for it would be nonexistent) than have them put the slug on the shoulders of the primaries for the foreseeable future. However, like you, I'd much rather just see it go away for good.

Agreed.

I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable, but I know that in years' past, there has been a rule that when a team changes jerseys, they have to have like one or two years before they get to have a third. An input on this?

Thanks!

Agreed.

I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable, but I know that in years' past, there has been a rule that when a team changes jerseys, they have to have like one or two years before they get to have a third. An input on this?

Thanks!

Not too sure on that rule. I am going to wait until they make our current 3rd the primary. I assume they'll need to put shoulder patches on, and instead of getting a 3rd this year, it'll be safer to wait until we see what they do next year. Plus, you never know who's coming and going. I'd like to see Sekera get an extension and THEN get the jersey before investing the money. I was also thinking of Kaleta and Goose, but again, who knows for sure what'll happen between now and next year. It ain't like it used to be where guys stayed for a while!!

Archived