Thrashers And Sens

McJeff215

I don't remember ever seeing seats as empty as these ones are. I'm not knocking the fan base at all, but at some point, they've got to start looking at the financial viability of some of these southern franchises. I can't believe there's a lot of profit there...

Ironically, I just got this from the Thrashers:

An All You Can Eat Seat Package is available for all Atlanta Thrashers 2008-2009 Season home games at Philips Arena.

The All You Can Eat Package starts at $39 and includes a ticket to the game, hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, popcorn and soft drinks.

All You Can Eat Seats are located in sections 203, 204, 205, 301, and 302.

$39 bucks for all of that? That's pretty good.

I don't remember ever seeing seats as empty as these ones are. I'm not knocking the fan base at all, but at some point, they've got to start looking at the financial viability of some of these southern franchises. I can't believe there's a lot of profit there...

Non-traditional markets are only going to build a fanbase with winning. The Thrashers made the playoffs once and got swept out by the Rangers. I wouldn't go to the games either.

Thrashers are desperate to get butts in the seats.

They're giving 1000's of tickets away to businesses to give to their employees.

In December, offered season ticket holders the option of purchasing a matching season ticket for $99 for the remainder of the season.

There's a plethora of promotions offering 50% of tickets, even in the lower bowl.

Anyone who pays full price for a Thrashers ticket is getting robbed. I've already traded pairs of Panthers/Lightning to load up on Apr 1st Sabres tickets. They (Sabres) better be competing for a playoff spot.

Thrashers are desperate to get butts in the seats.

They're giving 1000's of tickets away to businesses to give to their employees.

In December, offered season ticket holders the option of purchasing a matching season ticket for $99 for the remainder of the season.

There's a plethora of promotions offering 50% of tickets, even in the lower bowl.

Anyone who pays full price for a Thrashers ticket is getting robbed.

Any one paying anything for a Thrashers ticket is getting robbed, unless they are there for the visiting team.

Or getting a free jersey if you buy two tickets to a game.

Oh wait, that's us.

To be honest, i don't think thats a desperation promo. I've heard a lot (if not all) Slug merchandise is on sale at HSBC Arena shop? They are obviously going away from the Slug logo after this season and are trying to get rid of as much stuff as they can, and if they can have people buy real expensive seats and give them a jersey, so be it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks as though there really is a number tied to all of those empty seats:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/s..._thrashers.html

That doesn't bode well for the Thrashers' Atlanta longevity. They lost money even during their playoff run. The numbers unfortunately include Hawks tallies as well.

Sens? Southern franchise? :unsure:

Sens? Southern franchise? :unsure:

Well, that specific game was in Atlanta, so it's more indicative of their fan base. Today's bump was largely due to that article I just posted from AJC. The team has been pissing money since 02-03. Granted, the Hawks' numbers are folded in....

Well, it looks as though there really is a number tied to all of those empty seats:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/s..._thrashers.html

That doesn't bode well for the Thrashers' Atlanta longevity. They lost money even during their playoff run. The numbers unfortunately include Hawks tallies as well.

What playoff run? Don't you have to actually win A game to be considered to be on a run? :lol:

You mean they didn't become profitable by hosting all of 2 extra games and ending up on the wrong side of the score 45 times and the right side only 43 times? Shocking. :o

Sorry, not meant as a rip on you, it's directed more towards Don Waddell. ;)

Archived