Staal extended

tom webster

I agree with must be paying for potential because he has looked lost out there this year, still though only 20 so room to grow up.

Damn I was hoping they couldn't afford to keep him with the contracts they already have on the books for Crosby,Malkin,Fluery and Gonchar although I believe Gonchars is coming up next year.

I agree with must be paying for potential because he has looked lost out there this year, still though only 20 so room to grow up.

Damn I was hoping they couldn't afford to keep him with the contracts they already have on the books for Crosby,Malkin,Fluery and Gonchar although I believe Gonchars is coming up next year.

I wouldn't worry. They lost a number of players last year and dropped back in to fighting for a playoff spot.

Gonchar has one more year after this. Crosby, Malikin, Staal, Whitney, Orpik, Gonchar and Fleury have a combined cap hit of $39.15 next year.

Gonchar has one more year after this. Crosby, Malikin, Staal, Whitney, Orpik, Gonchar and Fleury have a combined cap hit of $39.15 next year.

Wow that leaves just a little over 10 million to fill out the rest of the roster unless the cap goes up a large amount which I highly doubt... Okay we get to see how shero can make it work... ..

Wow that leaves just a little over 10 million to fill out the rest of the roster unless the cap goes up a large amount which I highly doubt... Okay we get to see how shero can make it work... ..

For 7 forwards (Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Dupuis, Cooke, Godard and Talbot), 5 defensemen (Gonchar, Whitney, Orpik, Eaton and Letang) and a starting goalie (Fleury), they are sitting at $46.635 for next year. They also have Kennedy extended for two years, but I can't find the terms of the contract anywhere. That's almost exactly $10 million in space for 5-6 forwards, 2 defensemen and a backup if the cap stays the same. Certainly doable, though they won't be able to get anyone with more than a modest contract (even guys with contracts like Satan's, Sykora's and Fedotenko's current ones would make things very tight for them.)

Archived