Will Derek Roy make the all star team?

tom webster

Derek Roy is an all-star?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

I love him. I'm so glad we have him under contract at a bargain, but the reality is that he will most likely not be chosen. They'll only take Vanek. If Roy does not have that terrible start to the season, I think he makes the all-star team. I think if he plays like he has been consistently to the start of next season, I think he makes it next year, but no way he gets in this year. Unfair, but what can you do, especially considering Ovechkin, Semin, and Carter were not even voted in?

I thought that there was a chance and certainly the argument could be made for him, but after seeing someone make a list of who they thought would get in, I realized that there just aren't enough spots for him to make it. Every team has to have at least one and, as said, Vanek will make it for the Sabres. Roy might make the short-list of consideration for the remaining spots, but I think that he will just miss the cut.

Considering the fact that they have to get one in the game from every team, Vanek will be the only one to make it. There just aren't enough spots to fill.

While all 15 Western Conference teams had a player make the team, I am not sure that is still a rule. I thought a couple of teams were represented last year in other parts of the weekend, i.e. skills or young guns, which I'm not even sure is still around.

Anyway, the only three Western Conference players above Roy in the scorers race that didn't make it were Hossa, Marleau and Sedin.

While all 15 Western Conference teams had a player make the team, I am not sure that is still a rule. I thought a couple of teams were represented last year in other parts of the weekend, i.e. skills or young guns, which I'm not even sure is still around.

Anyway, the only three Western Conference players above Roy in the scorers race that didn't make it were Hossa, Marleau and Sedin.

Scratch that,

He didn't make it. I guess everyone did have to be represented.

Archived