Tyler Myers to make debut Saturday night

Two or less

Not too high on expectations right now as he's pretty young. But, would like to see how well he skates and moves for a super tall guy. They say skates pretty well.

Edit:This is the rest of the line-up according to Vogl:

Forwards

Thomas Vanek-Derek Roy-Maxim Afinogenov

Philip Gogulla-Marek Zagrapan-Drew Stafford

Clarke MacArthur-Paul Gaustad-Ales Kotalik

Andrew Peters-Felix Schutz-Patrick Kaleta

Defense

Toni Lydman-Craig Rivet

Mike Weber-Teppo Numminen

Andrej Sekera-Tyler Myers

Goaltenders

Ryan Miller

Jhonas Enroth

Looks like we'll get to see Teppo and Rivet this first time this year. MacArthur, Gogulla, Zagrapan sounds like Lindy is really having them battle for a spot. Haven't seen Schutz play before in any capacity (ie YouTube or anything else) so not sure what to expect from him. I guess Vanek's knee is better as well.

Not too high on expectations right now as he's pretty young. But, would like to see how well he skates and moves for a super tall guy. They say skates pretty well.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, but not in the same way as I was looking forward to Gerbe, who is probably ready for NHL time. Myers has a ton of potential and a lot of it will depend on how his frame fills out over the next couple of years. I, too, want to see how well a big guy can skate, but I don't expect a dominant performance "right out of the box."

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, but not in the same way as I was looking forward to Gerbe, who is probably ready for NHL time. Myers has a ton of potential and a lot of it will depend on how his frame fills out over the next couple of years. I, too, want to see how well a big guy can skate, but I don't expect a dominant performance "right out of the box."

What happens if he comes right out and dominates???That would be a rather nice problem to have..The last time we had a defenseman come right out and play was Phyllis....

I didn't say that I don't want to see it; I just don't expect to. If he does then :thumbsup:

I think I might have said it the wrong way by the way you responded..I didnt mean it to be a small attack on your view..I was just throwing out the remote possibility..Its so remote and happens so few times for us sabre fans that we (me included) dismiss it all together..LOL

Forwards

Thomas Vanek-Derek Roy-Maxim Afinogenov

On another note. I'm not sure IIRC, but weren't those Max's linemates in '05-'06 when he really lit it up. It'll be interesting to see how this line skates together again. I see Roy making up in smarts what Max is lacking. When Max loses the puck, Roy will be smart enough to know where to be and pick it up and make the play to Vanek for the score.

EDIT:Just saw this covered in the "Goose a Wing' thread

Archived