[OT] R I P Richard Wright

rbochan

Yeah, saw that. First Syd and now Richard. I saw the Division Bell tour in Toronto in '94. Man, what a show. They were just awesome! He will be missed. If any of you fans want a rare gem (well not that rare) by Wright, I suggest picking up "Wet Dream" from 1987. Some great stuff.

R I P Richard Wright.

Yeah, saw that. First Syd and now Richard. I saw the Division Bell tour in Toronto in '94. Man, what a show. They were just awesome! He will be missed. If any of you fans want a rare gem (well not that rare) by Wright, I suggest picking up "Wet Dream" from 1987. Some great stuff.

R I P Richard Wright.

Very mellow album, but excellent. (That album and Gilmour's 1st one are my 2 favorite solo albums the boys did.) I always get a kick out of "Pink's Song". Album came out 3 years before Wright went through the motions on "The Wall".

Saw Floyd twice. Division Bell tour down in the south. That was a great show w/ Dick Parry on sax and playing "The Dark Side of the Moon" straight through.

Saw "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" tour up in TO just after my 21st. Overcast night w/ VERY low hanging clouds. The lasers were partially reflecting off the clouds - VERY cool. Show opened w/ only Wright playing the opening notes to "Echoes". And a single laser beam cutting across the circular screen. When Gilmour joined in, they added another laser. Best opening to a show EVER.

RIP RW.

2 down, only 3 left. :(

Looks like they'll never re-reunite. :( :(

A loss to the music world. I'm still proud of the fact that the first LP I bought was Dark Side of the Moon

:thumbsup:

When I finally got a CD player, the 1st album I got for it was "Wish You Were Here."

I always break in new CD players w/ some form of Floyd. And it is required to break in DVD players w/ "The Wall."

A loss to the music world. I'm still proud of the fact that the first LP I bought was Dark Side of the Moon

Ditto!

I still remember the day. My dad took me to Record Theatre on Main and I bought Dark side of the Moon. I was in Jr. High, and it was money I earned.

R.I.P.

Very mellow album, but excellent. (That album and Gilmour's 1st one are my 2 favorite solo albums the boys did.)

Looks like they'll never re-reunite. :( :(

Gilmour's 1st solo is astounding! I love it. "Cry from the street" "Raise my rent" "There's No Way Out Of Here" ... great stuff!

Yep, they will never re-reunite unfortunately.

Ditto!

I still remember the day. My dad took me to Record Theatre on Main and I bought Dark side of the Moon. I was in Jr. High, and it was money I earned.

R.I.P.

I had my copy before Record Theatre opened but man, WHAT A GREAT STORE/Memory that phrase is. I feel 35 years younger just thinking about it. I used to take the Main Street bus to listen to albums and occasionally purchase them.

Archived