My Thoughts From Day 2

slapshot1619

I have no problem with Slapshot giving an opinion based on one day of training camp, because as an informed reader (he said that it was based on one day), I can realize for myself that such an assessment is not a be all, end all rating of their career potential, just an off-the-cuff first impression. It's better than anything we had before he wrote and I am (we are?) smart enough to realize that it may and likely will change as they progress. So, thanks Slapshot; I look forward to hearing more from you or the next poster that watches them play.

That said, don't call Inkman Tom ... you won't like him when he's angry! ;)

Doh, and Now I feel like an idiot... :doh: :doh: (and now even tho I look the total fool here, the correct person is referenced in post)

perhaps from my long time of lurking on this board, and since my views tend to usually clash with Tom's(granted, I rarely type it out), I guess I took it out on the person I usually disagree with. apologies Tom and Ink for the mix-up, however my defense of my little write up stands. Aside from Enroth, I didn't paint any of the other prospects as busts or future stars. Just as well I would assume that ANY writeup on a development/rookie camp would be taken as such. It was developmental camp and 2 days in on top of that.

I've been working like crazy so i havn't been able to go. How have the crowds been?

I read the reports, Gerbe looking real good, eh?

15 minutes before 3pm the place was pretty empty... by 5 minutes to 3pm the place was packed, well not jam packed(Dwyer hold 2,000 I believe), but still easily 500 - 700 people.(two rinks, 100 or so watching the small rink, while the rest were watching the main rink.) There were A lot and I mean A LOT of children there... not surprised though as it is their summer vacation. By half way through the practice the kids started to slowly file out and by the end there were half as many people there.

Gerbe looked very good for 2 days of a rookie camp. He fought like hell through some bigger players and potted some nice hard work goals(driving the net, poking it five hole) The reports are correct, he is a ball of energy on the ice.

Archived