Melrose to coach Tampa Bay

nucci

Attention all Tampa-area stores: stock up on hair grease!

I wonder what ESPN is going to do with Melrose's job. I mean if you think their hockey coverage sucks now, imagine if nobody fills his role. It will just be Steve Leavy...weird.

I don't think Ray Ferraro is doing anything right now.

I've always liked Barry and I always loved watching him on ESPN. He's one of those guys I root for, and I'm glad he's got another chance at coaching again in the NHL. Good for him. I actually think he'll do pretty well in Tampa if Mike Smith can prove that he is the real deal. Goaltending is the biggest question mark for me in Tampa, but if Smith is legit, they are in good shape.

I also think this is a good time for Barry considering ESPN does no hockey and his job has become obsolete by the lack of hockey on ESPN. I don't think that was the main reason he took this job, but I'm sure it factored in as he was probably pretty bored at ESPN.

I actually think he'll do pretty well in Tampa if Mike Smith can prove that he is the real deal. Goaltending is the biggest question mark for me in Tampa, but if Smith is legit, they are in good shape.

They also have very high hopes for Karri Ramo.

They also have very high hopes for Karri Ramo.

Not that it means much, but from the limited amount of games I saw toward the end of the season I was much more impressed with Smith than Ramo.

Not that it means much, but from the limited amount of games I saw toward the end of the season I was much more impressed with Smith than Ramo.

Yeah, but really, wouldn't you expect that much considering the 4 year age gap between the two?

Yeah, but really, wouldn't you expect that much considering the 4 year age gap between the two?

Maybe. It's also tough to fairly judge either based on how bad Tampa's defense was.

Archived