Cruel fate for Drury and Campbell

bottlecap

Entering game 6, Drury had some kind of upper body injury. He was doubtful for game 6 but he laced em up anyway. Got an assist on the Rangers' first goal and also got into a hacking war with Ryan Malone, who started round 1 by opening up a 5 inch gash under his eye with a careless stick. Drury bled profusely. (no penalty called) Then later in the game, he hacked Malone back in the face, opening up a small cut above his nose. There was blood there. For his efforts, a 4 minute penalty. It didn't result in a goal but the end came soon for the Rangers and they left the same way they did last year, making it through almost 2 rounds. Apparently the two are "friends" and shook hands after the game.

Campbell played 56 minutes last night and in the end, despite the Herculean effort, he got whistled for the penalty that ended the series. A tripping call. Eerily similar to the Carolina series for us where he was whistled for the penalty that ended the series, a delay of game for flipping the $^%#$ puck over the ^$%@$ glass.

Have to hand it to Briere and Biron though for making it to the finals, although I think a cruel fate awaits them too, at least this year.

I hope it didn't seem like I was slamming your post. I feel that all of these "Where are they now?" posts show us just how much we all really liked these guys. And that it is about more than winning and losing. I really liked that team last year. The fact that they didn't win it all didn't really matter all that much. It would have been nice, but I just had a good time all year watching guys I liked playing hockey. Unlike the Bills the last couple of years(especially with magahee and clemens), even though I watched every game, I just didn't care if they won or lost because I didn't like those guys and fond myself just bored. I think that is the bigger issue with me. It's not about losing good players to other teams, that's just going to happen because you can't keep everyone. It's about losing guys I like and want to watch play.

Archived