Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Back-to-back Game 1's tonight, as it should have been Thursday - nice scheduling, NHL. Thanks for making me flip back and forth to try to watch two games at once <_<.

New York at Pittsburgh, Game 1; 7 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

Dallas at San Jose, Game 1; 10 pm. ET, Versus - Preview

NHL Scoreboard

I think the obvious intrigue lies with the Pens-Rangers series. I hate Avery, but I admit he makes it entertaining so I guess he wins. The Penguins claim that they aren't going to let him get away with bothering the goaltender like the Devils did. We'll see. He does have Laraque to answer to if he wants to push his luck.

I'm really not the least bit interested in the other series. I STILL can't stand Dallas...is that a sign of not being able to move on from the past, or proof that I am a die-hard fan? It's a fine line, isn't it?

With Orr out of the lineup I think Laraque should reintroduce himself to Avery the first time they are on the ice together. No dumb penalty, but just remind him that Big George is just "itching for a reason" to drop the gloves with Mr. Cuthbert...

Boy this game has gotten boring after a stellar 1st period... :(

Umm...what? 1-0 after one, 3-2 after two, now 5-4 with 1:41 to go in the third and that's boring to you? I agree there hasn't been a lot of flow, but there has been enough hitting, goal scoring and lead changes to keep my interest, even with the Tribe playing the Yanks right now...

I really thought NY was going to run away with this when Mr. Cuthbert scored to put the Rags up 3-0 in the second. Kudos to the Pens for pulling it toegther and escaping with a win.

Versus' postgame show - that was the second time in Rangers' playoff history they blew a 3-goal lead - their record is now 93-2.

Still unimpressed with Vs' game presentation.

EDIT: Feels like deja vu all over again as I hit post #3,000 (for the second time.) Woo-hoo, paaaaarty!

I picked the Rags to win the series. After watching them blow a 3-0 lead last night, I don't think they deserve to win. I thought a team full of veterans, with many Stanley Cup winners, would never let that happen. For everyone who ragged this past season on the Sabres blowing leads, looky here, even veteran teams aren't immuned from it.

Penguins score two goals 14 seconds apart and then score two more 20 seconds apart. WOW!! Just WOW!!

Was a pretty weak call that sent Straka to the box. Karma I say. He was interviewed between periods saying they needed to stay out of the box..

Archived