Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Kicking off Round 2 with a pair of Game 7 survivors in the East and a classic rivalry match-up out West.

Philadelphia at Montreal, Game 1; 7 p.m. ET (No national TV, Center Ice coverage only) - Preview

Colorado at Detroit, Game 1; 7:30 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

NHL Scoreboard

Biron stops the penalty shot. I have no rational reason for it but i find myself routing for Philly. I think this season damaged me more than i know.

Or maybe i just want to see the city of montreal burn.

Colorado needs to figure out how to stay out of the penalty box, or this series will be over real fast.

Kostisyn (sp?) makes up for his penalty shot and cuts the Flyers lead to 2-1...

Who you rooting for BM?

Habs...even though some of their fans act like d-bags during the anthem and then riot to celebrate a ho-hum accomplishment, I simply cannot bring myself to root for the orange and black.

Plus I grew up watching the Habs on HNiC with my grandfather, who was a lifelong Habs fan (born and lived about 90 minutes from Montreal) so I have some good memories of Les Habs from growing up...

Habs...even though some of their fans act like d-bags during the anthem and then riot to celebrate a ho-hum accomplishment, I simply cannot bring myself to root for the orange and black.

Plus I grew up watching the Habs on HNiC with my grandfather, who was a lifelong Habs fan (born and lived about 90 minutes from Montreal) so I have some good memories of Les Habs from growing up...

My cousin PLAYED for the Habs, so it can get pretty crazy... butthey are playing the Cryers! GO SABRES!!! :thumbsup:

Flyers in 4!

:nana: :nana:

There will be more Danny/Marty pain before it is over!

:chris:

Jeez, glad to see the Versus' announcers are keeping their suck-fest talents in top shape...I'm surprised Emerick and Olcyzk can call the game while continually ball-washing the Wings...<_<

Uh-Oh! Kovalev is heating up. A shorthanded goal and the game tying goal to send it to OT. What an exciting game, and just what you figured the Habs would do. Seriously, they remind me a lot of last year's Sabres. They are fantastic in the clutch. They've come back from 5-0 to beat the Rangers, they came back from 2 goals down against the Sabres to tie it up with under 2 minutes left, and they did it to the Flyers tonight by tying the game with less than a minute to go. They are young, clutch, have a young goaltender, and a good mix of veteran leadership and skill, and lots of speed. And, just like last year's Sabres, they have the same knack for starting games flat or starting slow only to turn it on in the clutch. Maybe they can execute and finish the deal that the Sabres could not do last year.

As for the Avs-Wings game, I liked how Colorado bounced back after giving up 4 early goals and make a game out of it. They pull Theodore for Budaj and then they get back in the game and score two goals to get it to 4-3. Osgood made a brilliant save on Liles at the end of the game that won it for Detroit. Colorado played well without Forsberg. Looks like a fun series.

As for the Avs-Wings game, I liked how Colorado bounced back after giving up 4 early goals and make a game out of it. They pull Theodore for Budaj and then they get back in the game and score two goals to get it to 4-3. Osgood made a brilliant save on Liles at the end of the game that won it for Detroit. Colorado played well without Forsberg. Looks like a fun series.

They said during the broadcast that Theodore was sick and left the game and building after the 4th goal...I guess he didn't skate in the morning skate either...Budaj played pretty good in his absence, so if Theodore gets his game back and Forsberg comes back soon - that series could get interesting.

Archived