Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

Could see three series end tonight, with Colorado at home and Philly and Montreal going for the knockout on the road.

Philadelphia at Washington, Game 5 (Flyers lead series 3-1) 1 p.m. ET, NBC - Preview

Montreal at Boston, Game 6 (Montreal leads 3-2) 7 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

Minnesota at Colorado, Game 6 (Colorado leads 3-2) 10 p.m. ET, Versus - Preview

NHL Scoreboard

I'm loving the way the Caps have come out so far. And, I know I'm generally a big defender of Briere on here, but I think more than I defend him, I just wish he still played for Buffalo. But, when I watch Philly play against the Caps, I just don't find myself rooting for him. I in fact have become a fan of the Caps because I hate the Flyers so much. By the way, Federov has played awesome in the first. He's been totally rejuvenated in Washington.

Did this exchange happen, or did I hear it wrong:

Pierre Maguire: How about the noise of this Washington crowd, what is your reaction?

Federov: They are really irrelevant.

:blink:

Federov didn't wait for Maguire to finish a single question. I think the question was about how loud the building was today in comparison to the last time Sergei played a playoff series in Washington (Red Wings-Caps in the 1998 SCF) but Federov jumped the gun on his answer.

I tell you what, I just looked at the Caps salary cap. If they re-sign Huet and Federov, this team's going to be really good next year as they'll get a healthy Nylander and Chris Clark back in the fold. Combine Federov, Nylander, Clark, Kozlov, Poti, Huet with the youngstars like AO, Mike Green, Backstrom, and Semin and this team will be really good next year. If the Caps kept Federov at like $3.5 million/year and signed Huet to an extension at $3.5-4 million/year, and they sign Mike Green to a long term extension, they'll be really good and have the youngsters there for a long time. George McPhee deserves a lot of credit for sticking to his plan and building through the draft and adding key guys as needed. I'd be excited if I were a Caps fan, too bad there are like only 3 true fans in all of D.C.

gaustad- sports hernia. what's up with that.

Good thing they have a long off-season. Anyone know how long the recovery time is for that? Summer time is huge for conditioning.

(Note: I am assuming that we will re-sign him, otherwise who cares.)

Looks like the Vs. announcers heard my complaints: they called him "John Liles" during the last PP. I withdraw my objection as long as RJ gets that memo, too (though, I still think we have much higher priorities).

FWIW, I think those are CBC announcers...my Versus feed shows the CBC logo in the upper corner...

FWIW, I think those are CBC announcers...my Versus feed shows the CBC logo in the upper corner...

It is CBC. In fact, it is Jim Hughson of the EA Sports NHL games fame. Hughson and Bill Clement threw in the commentary for those video games. Hughson's voice is so distinct and kind of funny sounding to me.

Either way, it's been an exciting game so far.

It is CBC. In fact, it is Jim Hughson of the EA Sports NHL games fame. Hughson and Bill Clement threw in the commentary for those video games. Hughson's voice is so distinct and kind of funny sounding to me.

Either way, it's been an exciting game so far.

Thanks, it's been driving me nuts, trying to figure out what/where I heard that voice before...it's been a while since I played any of my NHL games...

For some reason, when the Sabres are out of it, I always resort to following the Avs as they have always been my bandwagon team. I love their speed, style of play, and I've always been a huge fan of Sakic. I'm glad they moved on. It's nice to see the old Avs (Sakic, Forsberg, and Foote), the only ones to have played in Quebec, showing up big in the clutch tonight.

Well the first round is nearing an end, let's see how the games turn out tomorrow. Even though Buffalo's not in it, it's still been fun to watch. I want to see Dallas win tomorrow night as I hate the Ducks and their style of play. I also grew up in Dallas, so I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Stars. Bring on the onslaught of hatred towards me.

Archived