Should we pin one daily GDT for all playoff games that day?

Bmwolf21

Playoff GDT  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should we start a GDT each day for all of that day's games?

• Yes
    • No
    • Playoffs? Who is watching the playoffs?

I tried to ignore the playoffs but found myself watching the OT period of the Avs' 3-2 win over the Wild, and then switched over to catch the end of the Flames win over the Sharks. So I came looking for a thread to talk about tonight's games, but found three separate ones - "Sharks-Flames game link", "Pens-Ottawa Game 1 talk," and "Rangers-Devils game link."

Should we put together one thread a day for that day's game and confine all the discussion and links to that thread?

Another option could be to do a separate thread for each playoff series, but I feel like some of us will be watching more than one game and that many threads (8 in the first round) would just add clutter and confusion, and the conversations would start to overlap pretty quickly...

Thoughts?

EDIT: Let me clarify, because I think there is some confusion. What I meant - and I think I didn't word it correctly, given it was late - is should we do one all-encompassing GDT for each day - i.e., one titled: Playoff GDT for Thursday, 4/10 and in that thread discuss all the games for that day in that one thread. I'm not advocating a separate GDT for each individual game.

I'm going to go ahead and create one for tonight's games as an example, and then everyone can decide whether this is a good idea, the mods can decide whether to pin this, etc.

I tried to ignore the playoffs but found myself watching the OT period of the Avs' 3-2 win over the Wild, and then switched over to catch the end of the Flames win over the Sharks. So I came looking for a thread to talk about tonight's games, but found three separate ones - "Sharks-Flames game link", "Pens-Ottawa Game 1 talk," and "Rangers-Devils game link."

Should we put together one thread a day for that day's game and confine all the discussion and links to that thread?

Another option could be to do a separate thread for each playoff series, but I feel like some of us will be watching more than one game and that many threads (8 in the first round) would just add clutter and confusion, and the conversations would start to overlap pretty quickly...

Thoughts?

no

I am a Sabres fan first, but I am also a hockey fan second. I'm sure many others are too (well, Millbank is a Leafs fan first, a Sabres fan second and a hockey fan third :blink: ) While there is that disgust of not being in it, I still have teams that I'd rather see win or lose, and I enjoy watching playoff intensity hockey.

EDIT: I went back and edited the question a little and edited the post, but to reiterate:

What I meant - and I think I didn't word it correctly, given it was late - is should we do one all-encompassing GDT for each day - i.e., one titled: Playoff GDT for Thursday, 4/10 and in that thread discuss all the games for that day in that one thread. I'm not advocating a separate GDT for each individual game.

I'm going to go ahead and create one for tonight's games as an example, and then everyone can decide whether this is a good idea, the mods can decide whether to pin this, etc.

Archived