Does anyone still want to argue...

deluca67

Roy = zero leadership? I find that really surprising.

Playing all units, double shifting, the guy is in amazing shape, and his game is remarkably

consistent IMO. Actually I think that might be it. Lindy pretty much used the letters when

he was asking somebody to step up their game.

If you ever talk to anyone from Kitchener...he is still a legend there.

Although, just because he has been a good player, it doesn't mean he makes a good leader/captain

Maybe Roy is not a good leader, maybe he doesn't have what it takes to be the guy to step up and rally the troops

I still shake my head at the amount of Briere hating, but Captain Intangibles gets a free pass from so many of the same folks who bash Briere. Drury scored some big goals in his Sabre career, but will go down as overrated in my eyes(especially at 7 mil per year).

I still shake my head at the amount of Briere hating, but Captain Intangibles gets a free pass from so many of the same folks who bash Briere. Drury scored some big goals in his Sabre career, but will go down as overrated in my eyes(especially at 7 mil per year).

At $7M he's overpaid, not overrated. Those things are miles apart in my eyes.

Although, just because he has been a good player, it doesn't mean he makes a good leader/captain

Maybe Roy is not a good leader, maybe he doesn't have what it takes to be the guy to step up and rally the troops

Part of why he is a legend in Kitchener is because he was Captain of that team and led them to Memorial Cup, even picking up the MVP honors. Maybe they just gave it to him for being a good player, but I'm guessing he also showed leadership abilities. He does still seem to have some maturing to do -- the diving is pretty much gone and the chirping at refs less angry and more laughing at how bad the call was -- but it short time, I am quite certain that he will be a leader of this team. I could see Pominville and Roy as co-Captains in a couple of year, like Drury and Briere last year.

At $7M he's overpaid, not overrated. Those things are miles apart in my eyes.

I'm not sure. I'll stick with overrated. He had the knack for disappearing for entire games as much as any other Sabre during his tenure here. I'm talking "Vanek like" invisible. :rolleyes:

Wait, I thought that Drury was that one that brought the "intangibles", while Briere brought the points. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure. I'll stick with overrated. He had the knack for disappearing for entire games as much as any other Sabre during his tenure here. I'm talking "Vanek like" invisible. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just don't buy that. He made have had "quiet" games, but he was definitely not "Thomas Vanish Invisible" - not while playing the PP, PK, taking key faceoffs, playing against other team's top lines.

Part of why he is a legend in Kitchener is because he was Captain of that team and led them to Memorial Cup, even picking up the MVP honors. Maybe they just gave it to him for being a good player, but I'm guessing he also showed leadership abilities. He does still seem to have some maturing to do -- the diving is pretty much gone and the chirping at refs less angry and more laughing at how bad the call was -- but it short time, I am quite certain that he will be a leader of this team. I could see Pominville and Roy as co-Captains in a couple of year, like Drury and Briere last year.

I know about Roy being a captain in the past, but that doesn't mean he will be one in the NHL, and I'm not really saying he wouldn't be one here, just that X's comment seemed to be that he should be a leader because he gets alot of ice time and plays different roles, and that doesn't necessarily mean he would be a good captain

Paille was captain of team canada at the world juniors leading Canada to a gold

WAY too much effort in this post. Remember who you're arguing with here. DeLuca can't openly acknowledge anything the Sabres do that is bad. Nor can he acknoweledge anything the Bills do that is good. He has some sort of mental disorder, I believe.

Really? Did you just copy paste this post from someone else? Every assclown from both boards says the same thing and the answer is the same.

Find a post of me ragging on the Bills when they were relevant. What was that? Seven, maybe Eight, years ago.

The Sabres are a healthy NHL franchise. The Bills are moving jobs and tax revenue out of the country. Guess which teams gets my support.

If you want to discuss this further I suggest you do some research. Nothing in your post is accurate.

I know about Roy being a captain in the past, but that doesn't mean he will be one in the NHL, and I'm not really saying he wouldn't be one here, just that X's comment seemed to be that he should be a leader because he gets alot of ice time and plays different roles, and that doesn't necessarily mean he would be a good captain

Paille was captain of team canada at the world juniors leading Canada to a gold

Something tells me Roy's arrogant style came across as leadership to a bunch of 17 year olds. Problem is, he hasn't grown much in attitude or stature since then.

One thing that I will never understand with this team is how they can all get interviewed after a game and sound so robotic. You don't have to have the charisma of Big Gay Al, but it would be nice to hear some emotion in their voices. I just get the feeling they are all on autopilot for the most part.

The guy that stepped it up in my opinion was Pominville. I'll admit I was wrong on him. He is the only guy that took the duty of wearing the C to heart. He took on all media during the most crucial month of the season, and didn't sugarcoat things. I don't really think he is captain material either, but he tried darn hard.

Gaustad was my pick at the beginning of the year, but he has regressed. For much of this year he played just like any other Sabre. The last week of the season Lindy finally got the bright idea of putting a grit line together with Gaustad Bernier and Kotalik. If he could have figured that out 7 months earlier, they might be in the playoffs.

For me this Roy comment (in today's News) really summed up the year:

Consistency was part of Roy?s talk, too. The 24-year-old expressed concern with the team?s daily focus.

?We had mental lapses ? games, periods ? throughout the season, and that really hurt us,? Roy said. ?We took a game off here or there, then we took a period off here or there, and in this league with a lot of teams over .500, it?s never an easy game. We?ve got to know when to be ready and how to be ready every game.?

If they didn?t learn to do that during the course of the year, they?re going to have time now. As Roy said, ?It?s going to be a really long summer.?

Archived