Center Ice showing Old Games During Olympic Break

Taro T

Just an FYI for anyone with Center Ice. It looks like they are going to show a game(s) each night from past seasons (tonight it's Game 4 Devils - Ducks (hey, maybe that's what Anaheim could rename its team - the Devilducks!)). The "hook" is that all of the camera work is from ice level, thus the "on the glass".

It beats watching men's figure skating or whatever other lame "sport" NBC is showing. I'm not sure why NBC shows the Olympics on 4 or so different channels during the day when everyone is at work and then cuts it back to just one during prime time. I guess it's for ratings, but I don't like it.

Just an FYI for anyone with Center Ice. It looks like they are going to show a game(s) each night from past seasons (tonight it's Game 4 Devils - Ducks (hey, maybe that's what Anaheim could rename its team - the Devilducks!)). The "hook" is that all of the camera work is from ice level, thus the "on the glass".

It beats watching men's figure skating or whatever other lame "sport" NBC is showing. I'm not sure why NBC shows the Olympics on 4 or so different channels during the day when everyone is at work and then cuts it back to just one during prime time. I guess it's for ratings, but I don't like it.

Right now, Ch. 2 is showing the "eyebrow severity" event. Two Americans--Bob Costas and Keith Radford--lead for the gold. There are allegations that Costas has supplemented his eyebrows, however.

any word on what tonight's game is?  IT just says "on the glass" on my directv guide

No, but my guess is that it's Game 6 of Devils - Ducks because last night was Game 5.

As for BtP's Q: No data about digital cable. For whatever it's worth, the "on the Glass" game is on the 1st DirecTV CI channel so that's where I would expect it to be if it is on digital cable. They've been starting at 7:00PM Eastern on DTV.

Archived