Thank God

wjag

From Today's Buffalo News...

We?re just trying to get focused again,? coach Lindy Ruff said. ?We know that when you?re playing against teams that are competing for spots, games get tighter. We?re going to have to play some one-goal games. We?re going to have to play some low-scoring games, and the message in the last two days is we?re going to get ready for that.

?We?ve taken a lot of pride in being a good offensive team. We?re going to take a lot of pride again in being a sound defensive team. It may not start with one game, but it?s going to start period-by-period to become a very frustrating team to play against again.?

We've been waiting for the return of the D for a long time..

From Today's Buffalo News...

We?re just trying to get focused again,? coach Lindy Ruff said. ?We know that when you?re playing against teams that are competing for spots, games get tighter. We?re going to have to play some one-goal games. We?re going to have to play some low-scoring games, and the message in the last two days is we?re going to get ready for that.

?We?ve taken a lot of pride in being a good offensive team. We?re going to take a lot of pride again in being a sound defensive team. It may not start with one game, but it?s going to start period-by-period to become a very frustrating team to play against again.?

We've been waiting for the return of the D for a long time..

you and me both. Our D-men is what creates the offensive zone chances.. can someone please tell me the last time we saw an effective break-out pass from the d-corps?

I remember last year: we saw it on a game by game basis.. and it was sweet as chocolate.. i hope they fix whatever they need to fix to get it going again!

Tonight should very interesting. From various reports, it appears that Kotalik and Paille are definites for tonight and it is quite likely we will also see Toni Lydman. Kotalik and Paille are definitely better than average defensive forwards and Lydman returning to the defensive corp certainly can't hurt our defense either. The combination of a new "defensive" focus and a return of some defensive players should make for an interesting game tonight.

Reports I've read have only stated Kotalik as returning tonight. They said the others aren't far off returning, but that's no reason to expect them back tonight.

http://www.letsgosabres.com/pressbox/fulls...hp?newsid=10256

"Forwards Ales Kotalik and Daniel Paille will both return to the lineup tonight. Kotalik will play left wing with Chris Drury and Dainius Zubrus while Paille will play left wing on the fourth line with Adam Mair and Andrew Peters. Clarke MacArthur will miss the game with an illness that kept him out of practice yesterday."

Lydman will be back Friday against the Islanders according to a separate report.

http://www.letsgosabres.com/pressbox/fulls...hp?newsid=10256

"Forwards Ales Kotalik and Daniel Paille will both return to the lineup tonight. Kotalik will play left wing with Chris Drury and Dainius Zubrus while Paille will play left wing on the fourth line with Adam Mair and Andrew Peters. Clarke MacArthur will miss the game with an illness that kept him out of practice yesterday."

Lydman will be back Friday against the Islanders according to a separate report.

touche`

Archived