Any Pat Kane support out there?

Chief Enabler

It is looking like he will win the scoring title for at least the regular season "over there". Amazing!!! I noticed he does NOT get much respect or support from the Canandian OHL base. Wonder why?!? Hope he goes number one to Philly if anything. Hey, maybe with Briere?!? I'll watch...Considering he has better numbers than Crosby had at that age. :worthy:

Since he is a Buffalo kid and is tearing it up in the OHL, I would love it if the Sabres could find a way to trade up and grab him, but I know it isn't very likely. Apparently Luce seems to like him a lot, and the Flyers have the best shot at winning the draft lottery for the #1 pick, so it could come down to him or Alexei Cherepanov, and either way, being a top-2 pick is nothing to sneeze at...

I hope he doesn't end up in Philly, since no self-respecting Buffalo fan/player would want to be drafted by the Cryers. :thumbdown:

I can see Philly taking him easily...there is too much baggage with the Russians without getting into it. Kane is the new NHL, Hey, they might not even want Briere after Kane....imagine that! :o I understand that a normal Sabre fan would not root for Philly, but they will be completely different next year, considering they have to play Pitt or (KC) NYR, NYI, etc. Maybe the Biron divorce paradox hasnt worn off yet.... :wub:

Maybe he can Eric Lindros his way to Buffalo? But I doubt the sabres would deal half their roster for him...

The Sabres are going to have to dump prospects at some point, or just by default "lose guys" because of bad contracts, example Spacek. Connolley, unfortunetely we all know we have to suck up, get the best we can out of that. This years draft has to be defensemen, but there are none :( There are too many forwards in the system, we also have Gerbe here @ Boston College with Orpik Jr. who are both forwards. I like the fact that Lehtonen was traded for who is an experienced D-men from Finland, That's the way to go Darcy!!! ;) ....Forwards, North America, Defence, Europe...

disagree on gerbe, tremendous upside, leader in the hockey east, another Briere clone....the cookie monster with diapers!

Except he excentuates all of Danny's negative points and has a long way to go to prove his college skills will translate to pro hockey.

Yeah, I've seen the size issue brought up with Kane, but it's not as much of an issue there since he's a lot taller and more talented than Gerbe. I don't know enough about Kane to say that other stuff about him.

I've seen Gerbe play, and I have my doubts, he almost has the build of J.F. Sauve and is compact enough to stay on top of the puck, but he really is too small for the 4th line which doesn't really let him work into a role unless he puts up top 6 numbers.

All these little guys have a place these days, at least one or two per team. It would have been more of a challenge back in the Theo Fleury days, but now you have the Gionta's, Briere's, Derek Roy, Samsonov or even Mogilny. Bottom line is if they can put in the net, they will stick around until the next one comes along.

All these little guys have a place these days, at least one or two per team. It would have been more of a challenge back in the Theo Fleury days, but now you have the Gionta's, Briere's, Derek Roy, Samsonov or even Mogilny. Bottom line is if they can put in the net, they will stick around until the next one comes along.

Look up the size of those guys and then look at Gerbe's size.

Archived