Kalinin is HORRIBLE!!!!

cesna

You wrote it went off his skate or body.

Remember?

no, I didn't write the puck went off his skate or body last night - I was referring to many other times this year this has happened due to poor positioning & inability to clear the front of the net

That was Kalinin on that 3rd goal? Wow, I remeber watching that goal and seeing Wolski tip it in while his feet were on the goal-line, well, one foot was. I said to myself, the D-man should have dug in and blocked the forward at the top of the crease. Bad play for sure.

I have noticed this about Kalinin though, he's showing a lot of confidence offensively. He's been joining the rush a lot and I think that's great. Now if his defensive game gets a bit stronger, he'd be okay.

The guys been paired with Teppo. Give me a break. As someone pointed out, he gets jumped on when the bandwagon rolls out.

I agree that he annoys the SH#T out of me sometimes, but so does everyone else. Campbell mounted his AS jersey and I think retired. And If I see another stupid cross ice pass or giveaway out of Lydman.

Kalinin may not be the player we thought when we drafted, but he's playing with one arm behind his back out there with TN.

Let's try an experiment. Just watch Brian Campbell's play over the next 2 games and ignore Kalinin. I guarantee, there will be a thread with the same title referring to Soupy's play.

We can all have a nice bitch session about him too.

I still think they finally played like a team with a bunch of guys on the injury list. They are going to lose games, have off nights. Of course, you don't expect it after 3 days of rest...

You are right that if it's not one thing, it's something else. I mean we are still the best team in the east (and we all know we are the best in the league too).

But there are always going to be whipping boys and scapegoats. Kalinin and Campbell are mine. I know Kotalik is the most popular among those on this board. So are we so spoiled with a great team that we complain about less important things? Sure, I think there's some truth to that. But at the same time just because you're the best doesn't mean you stop trying to get better. Kalinin and Campbell need to get their crap together, plain and simple. Just as long as we don't let their crap distract from the fact that we are the best team, I think it's OK to rip them a bit. Giveaways and sub-par play make that happen.

That's the best you can do? trying to defending Kalinin by saying "what are you going to do?" .... I'll tell you what to do - find a forceful d-man with a mean streak who can clear the front of the net. I have seen it happen way too many times - Kalinin gets tangled up with an opposing player in front of the net, cannot move him, and then a puck goes in off his skate or body, leaving Miller defenseless. I am sick of it....that 3rd goal should have never happened last night.

Your right.

But let's not stop there.

Let's bench Miller because the second goal was all his fault.

And the first goal? Let's bench Kalinin, Teppo, Zubris, Roy and Pominville who all failed to make a play costing the Sabres the first goal which was short handed.

:doh:

Your right.

But let's not stop there.

Let's bench Miller because the second goal was all his fault.

And the first goal? Let's bench Kalinin, Teppo, Zubris, Roy and Pominville who all failed to make a play costing the Sabres the first goal which was short handed.

:doh:

I am not piling on Kalinin to absolve the others who were at fault on the first 2 goals. Clearly there was enough blame to go around. I'm simply pointing out that to me this seems like a season long recurring theme with Kalinin. When was the last time anyone saw Kalinin simply take someone out forcefully in front of the net?

I am not piling on Kalinin to absolve the others who were at fault on the first 2 goals. Clearly there was enough blame to go around. I'm simply pointing out that to me this seems like a season long recurring theme with Kalinin. When was the last time anyone saw Kalinin simply take someone out forcefully in front of the net?

When was the last time you saw ANY Sabres defenseman not named Paetsch (who does it frequently) or Spacek (who does it occassionally) take someone out forcefully in front of the Sabres' net?

Archived