Kelley's Article

IKnowPhysics

He hasn't been this sarcastic in a while. Good for him.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.j...305_154109_6208

good find. i like the article and how kelley tries to show the nhl whats really going on.

sadly, nothing will ever happen with the dinosaurs bettman and campbell in charge.

i especially like the song in italics, quite the catchy tune...

good find. i like the article and how kelley tries to show the nhl whats really going on.

sadly, nothing will ever happen with the dinosaurs bettman and campbell in charge.

The playoffs are going to be bloody. Neither one of these guys will have a clue how to stanch it.

On a related note...

I just saw a clip of a goalie fight from '98 (I think) between Tommy Salo and Dan Cloutier. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBvnUkEr4M Cloutier just massacred him, and no-one made any effort to stop it before it got WAY out of hand. To begin with, it looked like the only reason that Salo got involved was because another Islander was getting killed in a fight nearby.

If you know the fight I am talking about, what precipitated it? Why did the officials let these fights go so far before they stepped in?

It also looks like Cloutier taunted the Islanders bench afterwards. Did he ever get any kind of comeupance?

If by dinosaur you mean, a pussified sniveling little nerd lawyer who doesn't know hockey, then yes Bettman is a dinosaur.

Great link, thanks. I was sucker enough to believe the NHL meant it this time. I think because the Sabres are winning all the time that we fail to see that the league has gone downhill from last season. But that disgusting cheap shot on Drury woke me up when the league allowed that pathetic goon Neil to go around proclaiming his assault "clean". I knew then they were going back to the stone age.

Great link, thanks. I was sucker enough to believe the NHL meant it this time. I think because the Sabres are winning all the time that we fail to see that the league has gone downhill from last season. But that disgusting cheap shot on Drury woke me up when the league allowed that pathetic goon Neil to go around proclaiming his assault "clean". I knew then they were going back to the stone age.

I still think Neil is buddy-buddy with someone in the NHL offices....no way he can run around hitting people like he can and not get disciplined.

The only reason Janssen got suspended was because he hit someone on the Leafs. The media outcry from Toronto would have been too much for Bettman/Campbell to handle if they did nothing.

Although I agree with what Kelley is saying this article reminds me of why I hated him when he wrote for the snooze. Sarcasm might be funny when talking with friends but it makes horrible journalism. There are many better ways to get your point across than the way he did. Sorry if this is a bit of a rant, but I could never stand Kelley and hadn't read an article of his in some time.

If by dinosaur you mean, a pussified sniveling little nerd lawyer who doesn't know hockey, then yes Bettman is a dinosaur.

if by dinosaur i meant trapped in the old nhl full of goons and slow skating, with little knowledge of what makes an exciting hockey game who would want nothing more than for every team to fill their rosters with andrew peters clones...

Archived