MSG Home Audio Feed

PTS

I've been to a lot of recent home games including Ottawa and yesterday's Habs game. The audio feed from MSG is horrible because that place was rocking last night and you'd never be able to tell on TV.

When Buffalo scored late in the third, I thought the roof would come down. Yet, when I re-watched the game when I got home, you wouldn't even known it.

Same thing with the Ottawa game. The crowd was buzzing throughout the entire third period and at a level I haven't heard since the 2001 playoffs in the OT period. Yet again, the MSG feed made it sound quiet.

Compared to the mics at Le Centre Bell, they need some work at the HSBC Arena. I love watching a game on TV and hearing the crowd, yet most broadcasters in America don't dig it.

Can you dig it?

I think it was better on Empire. I agree, you need to hear the players yelling for the puck, the skates swooshing, and the hits, and the occasional, "Get a haircut you fcuking hippy" from Gratton (to Brendan Witt), which my personal favorite.

I didn't really notice the crowd noise, but I really notice a difference when watching someone else's broadcast. They don't even use the sounds from the ice-level mikes.

Wouldn't bother me at all if they turned the crowd noise up!

Archived