And this is why I'll never trust a rumor from eklund

slapshot1619

From Bucky gleason's column....

Phoenix had the decency to pull Clarence's Kevyn Adams aside before the deadline to discuss teams interested in his services. Adams was told the Sabres weren't among them and immediately signed a one-year extension with the Coyotes.

You guys take Eklund WAY too seriously ... he has never claimed that everything he hears is GOING to happen. The problem is that people see what he openly admits is a RUMOR and run with it as if "Eklund said this WAS going to happen!"

Besides, Phoenix didn't tell Adams that until the day before the deadline. Eklund had been saying Adams was a POSSIBILITY to Buffalo for weeks. If the Sabres don't hit that crazy stretch of injuries, they are much more likely to look for a guy like Adams and keep Biron. Instead they had to set their sights higher.

Again, I am not defending Eklund's success rate. He reports EVERYTHING he hears, and most of it never happens. Thing is, he KNOWS this and ADMITS it off the top. So what's the big deal? Take it for what it is. I have no problem with the guy.

You guys take Eklund WAY too seriously ... he has never claimed that everything he hears is GOING to happen. The problem is that people see what he openly admits is a RUMOR and run with it as if "Eklund said this WAS going to happen!"

Besides, Phoenix didn't tell Adams that until the day before the deadline. Eklund had been saying Adams was a POSSIBILITY to Buffalo for weeks. If the Sabres don't hit that crazy stretch of injuries, they are much more likely to look for a guy like Adams and keep Biron. Instead they had to set their sights higher.

Again, I am not defending Eklund's success rate. He reports EVERYTHING he hears, and most of it never happens. Thing is, he KNOWS this and ADMITS it off the top. So what's the big deal? Take it for what it is. I have no problem with the guy.

He throws completely random crap out there. That's fine. My problem is with people who take his site as if it's the Bible..

I just needs to be widely known that Eklund doesn't base his rumors on any facts, observations, or legitimate investigation.

That said, are there rumor sites (besides TSN radio on deadline day) that actually investigates or probes to reveal true information?

Even TSN's very simple "so and so didn't come out on the ice for practice today" was a great way to justafiably start a rumor. Guessing about what one thinks a team needs and who can supply those needs like some armchair GM is not.

Archived