Who would you like to see in the 1st Round?

SabresFanInRochester

The Rangers, Bruins, and Panthers could all close-in on that 8th spot. I wouldn't mind seeing one of those three instead of Toronto, Montreal, or Carolina.

Boston has been playing some pretty good hockey as of late and I think Buffalo seems to have trouble scoring against Thomas. I view Boston as the biggest threat in the 8-spot, out of the three teams moving up the standings.

The Rangers were so slow against Pittsburgh this past week that I do not believe Buffalo would have any problem with them.

Florida plays Buffalo tough. But, I wonder if anyone in Florida would even realize it, if their team made the playoffs?

For selfish reasons, I think Buffalo could get by Toronto pretty easily, but they pack so many fans in the HSBC arena that I would rather enjoy beating another team.

Carolina has not been able to put it together, but they know what it takes to get it done. I don't think they have the same chemistry as last year, but I am almost waiting for them to wake up.

Montreal is probably the best of the six that I mention, and they seem to match-up fairly well against Buffalo. I am not looking for an easy pass to win the Cup-- okay, maybe a little bit... please not Montreal!

This would be my ideal path to winning the Stanley Cup. The Sabres would win all four series, of course. :D

1st round: Carolina in 4

2nd round: Atlanta in 5

3rd round: Ottawa in 7 (would make a great ECF series)

4th round: Dallas in 6 (game 6 in Dallas in OT, of course)

4th round: Dallas in 6 (game 6 in Dallas in OT, after a goal gets called back because of a skate in crease, which the NHL actually reviews this time and rules against the sabres. and the winner comes off the stick of Chris Drury.)

No, I'm not bitter.... not at all.... :D :D :D

4th round: Dallas in 6 (game 6 in Dallas in OT, after a goal gets called back because of a skate in crease, which the NHL actually reviews this time and rules against the sabres. and the winner comes off the stick of Chris Drury.)

No, I'm not bitter.... not at all.... :D :D :D

LOL!

I would love to see the Boston Bruins slip in at #8, just so I can make the one hour drive to TD Banknorth Garden and see all the pompous New England fans walk out of the building during the second intermission, grumbling something about how the Pats always beat the Bills, because their team is down by 6 goals.

PTR

I would love to see the Boston Bruins slip in at #8, just so I can make the one hour drive to TD Banknorth Garden and see all the pompous New England fans walk out of the building during the second intermission, grumbling something about how the Pats always beat the Bills, because their team is down by 6 goals.

PTR

There would actually have to be Bruins fans in the building for that to happen.

Archived