Now that's a snow storm

wjag

Just wait till this warm front hits with rain and 40 degree temps!... Remember when they got all that snow a few years back in Fargo?... Then WHAM... It melts...

I think the fire department there was giving you the option of having your basement flooded with CLEAN water on purpose so as it wouldn't flood with dirty water!... Now that is some concession!

:D

My sister was married back in December 2001 when Buffalo got that 7 foot storm between Christmas and New Year's. Once the airport reopened, I had to pick up a few people from the airport, and basically the only roads open in Erie County were the Thruway and one lane each way on 33 & Genesee from the Thruway to the airport. Genesee Street looked like that.

In '77 I remember a similar scene on McKinley Parkway out in Hamburg. Essentially they cut a single lane. We have a picture of a semi going below us as we stood on top of the snow looking down on it. But this one is more impressive than that.

That photo is not from this year's storm in Oswego, according to snopes.com; it's been in circulation since at least 2004.

Where ever it's from... No thank you... I dont want any of that.. haha

I wouldn't even want to think about having to shovel that much outta the drive way.. ohh too late..

Spring can't come soon enough!

That photo is not from this year's storm in Oswego according to snopes.com; it's been in circulation since at least 2004.

That photo appears in this website showing snow removal of the Trans-Labrador Highway in 2004, although I believe snopes said they are older than that even.

I've been duped...

Not your fault - here's a link to some real Oswego pic's this year - still plenty impressive - more reminiscent of '77 in Buffalo too..

Oswego Snow '07

Awesome pictures...

You know you're a New Yorker when you shovel your roof!

I did that several years ago here in MD when we had a pretty decent snowfall. Had a lot of drifting on my sunroom roof. Got out there and shoveled it off. Neighbors still talk about that. People down here don't appreciate the weight of snow, even after the roof collapsed on the B&O musuem a few years back.

Those pictures of opening your curtains to see nothing but snow bring back '77 memories.

Archived